|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Junior Finance Officer - Cashier
Term of Employment: Full time
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: July 04, 2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sectors partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution to changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
On behalf of the head office, collect funds and effect payments according to ATA standard procedures. The main function is to collect money and other different forms of payments, give change, record purchased items and produce receipts. An important part of this job is to find the most effective method for completing a transaction.
- Ensure efficient and timely processing of cash receipts and payments.
- Collect funds and make payments as per the authorization and approval and in accordance with ATA’s financial management policy.
- Ensure that all collections and payments are done against serially pre-numbered cash receipts and cash payment vouchers.
- Maintain and ensure the security of petty cash fund and prepare cash report with all supporting documents when 75% of the petty cash fund is replenished.
- Prepare receipt vouchers and collect cash and/or cheque from various sources and organizations and deposit these in the Bank accounts.
- Prepare receipts for Government withheld tax and provide them to suppliers.
- Maintain payment vouchers and their supporting documents securely.
- Prepare receipt vouchers and collects refunds for personal telephone, faxes, and vehicle use.
- Maintain the Bank Book manually or electronically.
- Reconcile cash accounts with financial documents and update the cash book regularly.
- Handle cash requests from area offices and organize the transfer from/to all area offices.
- Assist with payroll preparation, data entry, reconciliation, posting, and other daily routine related disbursement & collection.
- Ensure validation and timely payment of all office bills/telephone, fax, water, electricity, income tax, withholding tax, rents, etc.
- Handle monthly procurement reports to ERCA, Complete monthly withholding tax declaration form of the Tax Authority of the area, and settle the Tax due by CPO within prescribed timelines.
- Payment Voucher Registration (ERP/IFMIS), Bank Transfer & Check Preparation.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of petty cash requests and reimbursements.
- Ensure the completeness of supporting documents and the accurate account coding of financial records relating to financial transactions being processed.
- Prepare/Register (ERP/IFMIS) payment vouchers (for Cash and Cheque payments) as per approved payment requests and/or authenticated invoices and receipts and present the vouchers for verification and approval by the responsible persons.
- Make cash/cheque payments only after getting approval/authorization from the Responsible Authority.
- Prepare receipts for Government withheld taxes VAT & WHT and provide them to the supplier upon effecting the payment.
- Submit complete financial documents/Vouchers on a timely basis to Data management officers for intact posting.
- Assist the finance officer in his/her daily routines.
- Perform all other duties related to the position as instructed by Senior Finance Officer/the Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Accounting & Finance.
- At least four years experience working as a cashier or related position.
- Proficiency in Amharic and working proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Excel) is required, and knowledge of ERP systems such as Agresso Unit Four & Oracle IFMIS or other similar automation is highly desired.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) a CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.