|Location||Atat, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Full-time |
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
The HR Officer is responsible for handling all the HR activities in the site. He/She will assist line managers to understand and implement HR policies and procedures.
- Based on the standard set, edit the format for new Vacancies/JD’s received.
- Post vacancies on appropriate venues.
- Work with the hiring managers and General Service in preparing office space, computers and other relevant equipment’s before the arrival of the new staff.
- Receive and compile applications received.
- Prepare the CV summary of applications received.
- Shortlist potential candidates and review final shortlist of hiring manager to insure it meets essential requirements for the position.
- Prepare, schedule and facilitate interviews.
- Attend interviews on behalf of HR Department.
- Follow up and collect interview evaluation from interviewers.
- Prepare summary of interview notes and evaluations.
- Prepare and distribute follow up emails to candidates on the status of the recruitment (if they are shortlisted, rejected before or after interview and assessment).
- Conduct reference check and forward the feedback to the hiring manager.
- Prepare job offer letters, employment contracts and ensure that all staff filled out the required forms for employment.
- Provide orientation on HR policies and procedures.
- Work with supervisors in setting up individual orientation program for all newly hired staff.
Performance Cycle Management
- Assist the HR Manager in getting completed evaluation on time and compiling relevant information from the performance evaluation.
- Ensure all staff has specific roles and received performance evaluation as per the timeline.
Data Management and Documentation
- Create staff database and keep track of all relevant staff information.
- Maintain updated & secured staff information and personnel files.
- Pension: ensure that each employee has completed all pension formalities and has obtained a pension ID card
- Keeps and updates staff leave records (annual, sick, maternity, parental, etc.)
- Ensure all staff has specific roles and received Job descriptions and attached on their file.
- Proper documentation of performance evaluation results.
Training and Development
- Assist in collecting external training providers and creating training database.
- Identify training and development needs within the site.
- Facilitate training activities within the site.
- Maintain updated annual leave tracking for all employees.
- Prepare & compile payroll and overtime information and submit them to Finance on time.
- Monitor contract expiry dates and renew contracts before it expires or process final payment according to the labor law.
- Advise Managers and Supervisors on staff management, managing employee relations and grievances.
- Build culture of teamwork, commitment, and performance across all departments.
- Manage all other employee related-issues.
- Strong personnel management experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and Meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Education Qualifications and Requirement
- BA degree in Management, Business Administration or Human Resource Management
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management.
0 year experience.
Please title your application with subject line: - "Import & Export Officer- Maternity Cover"
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or
Females are highly encouraged to apply!