|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 20, 2021|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. EthioChicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
Summary of Position
Monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the company; installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults, and solve technical and applications problems either over the phone or on-site.
Junior IT support officer is mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems in all the sites and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in on-site needs assessment, installation, and maintenance of EthioChicken’s telecommunication and IT equipment.
· Ensure that the equipment under his/her responsibility is in good working condition, by inspecting regularly the hardware and installations. If required, arrange prompt repairs or replacements as necessary according to established procedures.
· Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network servers, Printers, LAN points, Hubs, etc. to prevent faults from occurring.
· Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
· Check the data center security and keep it as the standard.
· Set up new users' email accounts and deal with password issues.
· Give help on the procurement process of IT equipment (As required)
· Ensure all the users' computers are installed based on the companies’ policy.
· Perform scheduled computer and peripherals maintenance, temporary file deletion, maintenance of computer
· Basic administration of windows servers
· Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
· Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
· Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· The candidates must have basic knowledge of windows server administration and basic knowledge about computer software and hardware maintenance.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science and related fields
· 1 year (Internship)
Please title your application with subject line: - "Junior IT Support Officer"
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or
Women are highly encouraged to apply!