|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Announcement Number 003/21
Field of activity
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is a state-owned Organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services is an independent operational department of GIZ. Our clients include international institutions, governments and private businesses with global operations. Our technical services cover a vast number of sectors such as health, infrastructure & urban development, technical vocational training, energy, water, transport, agriculture, peace & security, just to name a few.
The Management Assistant will have two main roles (50/50) in the Ethiopia Head Office of the GIZ subdivision of International Services: (1) Working alongside the Regional Manager to support in the following areas: Management tasks in the office and portfolio; business development; project implementation. (2) Working closely with a team of experts to support the implementation of a project in the area of investment promotion in Ethiopia (50%). The (Junior) Management Assistant will work closely within a team of administrative and technical staff and will directly report to the Regional Manager.
- Organizing workflows and backstopping processes related to the management of the country and regional portfolio as well as internal processes.
- Supporting the Regional Manager in ensuring smooth processes and effective management in all relevant matters;
- Supporting Business Development and broader implementation issues as necessary.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Supporting a team of international and local experts under the guidance of two project managers and the team leader in matters such as reporting,organization/ logistics, quality assurance, etc.
- Supporting on all tasks necessary in order to ensure delivery towards highest standards and deadlines.
- One (1)
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business administration; international academic experience will be considered an advantage.
- Previous experience in marketing, sales and management support;
- Willingness and interest to work in a consulting company focusing on fields of international cooperation;
- High ability to act under pressure on multiple levels of management and communication;
- Motivated to work with a generalist perspective and focus on personal growth;
- Willingness to travel internationally;
- Excellent English knowledge is required; a good command of French or other languages would be an advantage.
Interested and qualified applicants shall submit their application letter marking name of the position. The application is made along with a non-returnable current CV and credentials to the following address email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants who are considered for the position will be contacted.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer!