|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 7, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
WGGA Eye Centre is a full service multi-specialty practice located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Established in 2012, we have expanded to a group of eight certified Ophthalmologists, an Ophthalmic Medical Technologist and five Optometrists. Our compassionate experienced team is dedicated to providing high quality eye care in Ethiopia that strives to exceed your expectations.
Our Eye Centre offers state of the art diagnostics, comprehensive eye examinations and the most advanced vision correction treatments and procedures for eye diseases and disorders. We’re committed to providing leading-edge patient-centered care for everyone, from babies to seniors. We're the eye doctors in Ethiopia for you!
WGGA also committed to building and furthering the capacity of Ethiopian Ophthalmologists and allied ophthalmic professionals. We are extremely proud of our team of Ethiopian professionals.
WGGA Eye Centre is a division of WGGA Medical Services plc. Established by two Ethio-Canadians, who have actively been engaged in philanthropic medical initiatives in East Africa for the last +10 years.
Under general direction, plan, organize and coordinate pharmacy services and operations for the pharmacy services; to compound and dispense pharmaceutical drugs and prescriptions; and to do other work as required.
Detail Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes and coordinates pharmacy services and operations
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technician work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Reviewing and executing physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality.
- Organizing the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster.
- Maintaining full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration.
- Provide professional advice on pharmaceuticals information and solutions about the prescribed medicine.
- Comply with all applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures
- maintains adequate inventory levels; oversees and coordinates computerized billing for pharmacy services;
- Orients the medical and nursing team on all drugs related issues
- Checks the validity each drug’s being distributed and sold and verifies dates of manufacturing and expiration.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the medical director and OR head nurses.
- Immediate Supervisor: Nursing & Education Manager
- Department: Nursing & Education
- Required number: two
Required Educational Qualification and Experience: -
- BSc/ Degree in pharmacy or Diploma /TVET level in pharmacy 0 year experience or minimum 2 year experience for Diploma in similar areas.
- Have a good knowledge of using computer like MS word, Excel and other software’s etc...
- Ability to work in a team sprit
- Strong interpersonal skills
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their application, CV and copies of supporting Educational and work experience documents to Human Resource and Administration Department office in person to WGGA Medical service 2nd floor, or E-mail through: firstname.lastname@example.org with in five working days.
Physical Address: Ethio-China Friendship Road located at Gorgorios squire, for further Information Tel: 114-7022-17/0114-716-65