|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Veritas is a multi-sector and Ethiopia-focused management consultancy firm. Veritas Consulting advises private, development and private sector facing public institutions. We are a sector – agnostic consultancy, though the current thrust of our engagements is in renewable energies and agriculture.
Veritas currently seeks one long-term Program/Project Manager to support these various work streams.
About the position
In 2019, the Government of Ethiopia launched a National Electrification Program 2.0 (NEP 2.0) that aims to achieve universal electricity access by 2025. The plan envisions 65% of access coming from grid solutions and 35% from off-grid solutions.
To this end, Veritas has been working on development of private mini-grids in rural Ethiopia as part of the off-grid solutions in the NEP. Our previous projects have identified productive uses of energy in the Ethiopian context and potential minigrid sites throughout the country. Our current project focuses on development and implementation of 10 private sector led pilot mini-grids.
Veritas is looking for dynamic, self-motivated and goal-oriented candidates to work on technical and financial modelling of the pilot mini-grids. By joining the Veritas team the candidate will get an opportunity to develop and shape the minigrid sector in Ethiopia, which is currently at a nascent stage in the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and analysis of renewable energy based mini-grids in rural Ethiopia
- Assessment of financial feasibility of mini grids using in-house developed financial analysis tool
- Assist in preparation of geo-spatial maps of potential mini-grid sites
- Assist in preparation of training materials
Term of Engagement: 18 months
- Bsc or Msc in electrical engineering or power systems engineering
- Constructive understanding of power systems design
- Knowledge of Ethiopian grid code and associated standards and regulations
- Excellent English writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Dynamic and willing to learn new concepts and skills
- Team player but equally able to work independently
- Experience in using simulation tools such as Homer, PV*SOL, Helioscope, PSSE, PowerFactory, or similar complementary power design software
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or similar CAD software preferred
Travel: Site visits to active projects across the country may be required
Candidates should submit a maximum of 3 page CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs beyond this page limit will not be considered.
Please clearly write the position you are applying for on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note that a technical assignment may be part of the application process