|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2022|
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
To this end, Armauer Hansen Research Institute planned to recruit energetic and skillful for the position of Junior Procurement Officer (Local).
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Research potential vendors, compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order-to-order materials, goods and supplies
- Implements the AHRI’s procurement policy and fundamental procurement principles.
- Ensures purchase requests (PR’s) are adequately informative and complete on receipt, advises requesting unit on specifications, prices, availability and other procurement matters as required.
- Track orders, ensure timely delivery and review quality of purchased products
- Proactively provides feedbacks for requesting unit/person on urgent PR’s as required.
- Carries out procurements as per the approved budget and purchase requests and procedures.
- Prepares invitation of bids (ITBs), develops bid documents for both open and restricted tendering procedures based on user unit’s specifications, and submit to the procurement coordinator and then to Procurement Endorsing Committee for ultimate approval.
- Performs bid analysis, prepares purchase orders, and submits for approval and fellows up the receiving process while inspecting the compliance of purchased items against the predefined specifications and/or samples before receiving.
- Works closely with Finance Unit to process payment of all invoices received from vendors; ensures the completeness of each bid document and ensures that all supporting documents are attached with the payment request before passing in to the Finance Unit.
- Regularly updates the procurement database and reports the status of all ongoing procurements on weekly basis as required.
- Assumes the role of Secretary for the Bid Opening Ad-Hoc Committee of being responsible for initiating meeting during the bid opening events and keep records (Minutes) for all meetings.
- Perform Performa procurement and Direct purchase (petty cash purchase) as per rules and regulation of the institute
BA Degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management/Management and 1 year of direct experience.