|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Junior Project Officer
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #075/2020
SURED Program- ISFM+ project
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
The Integrated Soil Fertility Management Project (ISFM+) is a component of the Sustainable Use of Rehabilitated Land for Economic Development (SURED) with a duration until 2021. It contributes to improving soil fertility, health and productivity in selected areas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray regions, while operating in 60 woredas (districts) where SLMP has implemented/completed physical soil rehabilitation measures. The proposed project promotes the integrated use of locally adapted and relevant ISFM technologies contributing to (a) increasing on-farm biomass production (b) reducing nutrient and biomass losses from the farming system and (c) improving the agronomic use efficiency of production inputs. The project aims at combining behavioral change communication strategies with farmer-acceptable and locally adapted soil fertility improvement technologies, including supply chain aspects for the sustainable supply of agricultural inputs.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The Junior Project Officer will work under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Finance and Admin Manager and hence being fully accountable to her. The Junior Project Officer will be responsible for providing administrative and technical support for the implementation of all activities under the project. He/she will support the project Finance and Admin Manager in the administrative and financial management of the project. He/ she will also assist the project’s technical team in data management as well as in database maintenance.
The duties and responsibilities will include the following:
Administration, Logistics, Procurement and Data Management:
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings, take minutes of meetings, draft and coordinate reports;
- Supervising printing and storage of PR material, as well as supporting the development of fact sheets, brochures, etc.;
- Contribute to the knowledge management of the project and the maintenance of databases; like updating contracts and other important documents in DMS
- Assist in preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities in collaboration with partner institution;
- Assist in and carry out other project management activities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in planning, organizing and managing of workshops, conferences and partner events in Addis Ababa and other locations;
- Arrange and communicate with travelers all logistic and protocol arrangements, visa requirements and their settlements;
- Prepare selection procedures and bookings (bidding, contracting, terms) of service providers and ensure documentation of the procedures according to GIZ rules and regulations;
- Procure office supplies, equipment and services and ensure proper documentation of procured materials;
- Assist the project in the preparation of the annual internal control;
- Liaise with other administrative and financial staff as well as the GIZ country office in relation to administrative and logistical procedures.
- Asist in data management of the projects M&E and knowledge management work.
- in consultation with M&E experts, developing and maintain databases
- Evaluate IT-tools in terms of their potential for the project’s M&E and data management
- Ensure quality implementation of MS-Teams within the project team
- Check regularly compliance to GIZ rules and regulations in respect of project management, correct application procedures and completeness of documentation on contracts and procurements made at project office level;
· The Junior Project Officer also fulfils other adequate tasks as determined and assigned by the supervisor.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in communication studies, computer science, finance and administration, economics, or administration.
- Initial GIZ experience (internship or similar) in this area
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English;
- High level of independency, self-initiative, integrity, and accountability;
- familiarity with IT hardware and the software used, IT network systems, database software, GIZ intranet and a basic understanding of specific GIZ software (SAP, APS, AMS, PACCS, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Good intercultural communication and capacity to work in inter-disciplinary environments; Strong team orientation and flexibility to assume new tasks.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Junior Project Officer #075’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.