|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 18, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Addis Economic Research (AER) is a research consulting firm based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. AER is actively engaged in undertaking a wide range of economic research aimed at informing better policy and decision-making. To date, AER has conducted various studies for a diversified set of national and international stakeholders including the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the University of Oxford, and the University of New York. AER provides three major services: research and data analysis, survey management, and training. AER is composed of professional Economists and social science experts with many years of research and policy advisory experience.
Scope of work
Under the guidance of senior researchers, the Junior Researcher will support the overall implementation of various research projects that AER manages. The Junior Researcher will actively engage in the identification of research opportunities, proposal development, data analysis, and writing of research reports. The Junior Researcher will also have dedicated time for mentorship and personal capacity building guided by senior researchers. Specifically, some of the Junior researcher’s primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as a bridge between survey field teams and senior researchers during project implementation
- Facilitate survey team training and organize logistics in collaboration with senior researchers
- Conduct data cleaning and preliminary data analysis as requested by senior researchers
- Provide technical assistance in the identification of potential research opportunities from different sources
- Provide technical assistance in the preparation of draft research proposals for opportunities identified
- Documenting and sharing all the lessons and challenges from different projects
- Provide recommendations of action plans on perceived and realized challenges throughout the project periods
- Liaise with crucial government offices focal persons and other partners
- Actively engage in personal development activities including reporting writing, language development, and data analysis.
Number of positions: 1
Duration: One year and renewable annually depending on performance
- Minimum of bachelor degree in Economics
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Zero year experience
- Age not more than 30 years old
- An internship and a few months of experience in research and related area is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage work (self-reliant)
- Fluency in English, Amharic, and other local language is an advantage
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrated ability to work effectively and sensitively in teams and with different counterparts. Must work independently under high pressure in a challenging environment while maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
- Proven data collection, organization, and analysis skill is preferred even in his undergraduate thesis
- Report and proposal writing skills in English
- Previous exposure to statistical software and programs like Stata, and SurveyCTO is an advantage
- Females and disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Competitive monthly salary
- Monthly transportation allowance
- Monthly communication allowance