|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Infinity Advanced Technology Solutions P.L.C. (IATS) is a leading medical equipment distributor and technical service provider in Ethiopia. Currently the company needs to hire a qualified personnel for the following vacancy:
Position: Junior Software Developer
Number of positions: Three (03)
Junior Software Developers are entry-level software developers that assist the development team with all aspects of software design and coding. Their primary role is to learn the codebase, attend design meetings, write basic code, fix bugs, and assist the Application Developer (Senior Software Developer) in all software development and design-related tasks.
Infinity Advanced Technology Solutions PLC is looking for an enthusiastic Junior Software Developer to join our experienced software design team. You will report directly to the Project Lead and assist with all functions of software coding and design. Your primary focus will be to learn the codebase, gather user data, and respond to requests from senior developers.
The day-to-day Duties and Responsibility include:
· Assisting the Senior Software Developers with all aspects of software design and coding.
· Develop and provide software components that operate as part of a large multi-process system
· Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
· Learning the code-base and improving your coding skills.
· Writing and maintaining code.
· Working on minor bug fixes.
· Perform functional testing of the system on a full installation that replicates real world use
· Monitoring the technical performance of operational systems.
· Responding to requests from the development team.
· Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
· Gather systems operational feedbacks from consumers and work on Level 1 and Level 2 issues.
· Provide documentation and overall support to partners, solving any software issue that may arise during operation
· Writing reports.
· Share know-how with our partners that gain from our experience and technical expertise on the field
· Apply technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer software issues
Work independently and in close collaboration with team members in Addis Ababa and elsewhere.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related fields.
· Basic programming experience.
· Knowledge of databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle/SQL Server) and operating systems (MS Windows or Linux/Unix).
· Interest in mobile technologies (Apps for smart phone & tablets)
· Good working knowledge of email systems and Microsoft Office software.
· Very good understanding of cross-platform environments (Windows, Linux)
· Ability to learn/adapt new software and technologies/platforms quickly.
· Strong analytical and exceptional problem-solving skills
· Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in Amharic and English language
Desire to build a career in software development
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV and credentials within seven days of this announcement via Email: email@example.com or hand delivery to the company’s office located at Bole Sub-City behind Friendship City Center next to Jupiter Hotel;
Note: - Please make sure that you mention the vacancy title and attach application (motivation) letter, CV and educational credentials. Applications without these will not be considered.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.