|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 1, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Knowledge Management Assistant Intern (Female Applicants Only)
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #073/2020
Energizing Development Ethiopia (EnDev) Program
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of the Ethiopian Government and other international donors.
Energising Development Ethiopia (EnDev) Ethiopia (being implemented by GIZ) supports a sustainable supply of energy services to lower-income households, social institutions and small to medium sized enterprises with a focus on rural areas. EnDev is a multi-donor and multi-implementer energy access partnership. It is currently financed by six donor countries – the Netherlands, Germany, Norway, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Sweden. Being part of the global programme, EnDev Ethiopia receives additional co-funding from Ireland, the Korea Foundation for International Healthcare and the European Union.
- The Intern will provide support for the Communication and Knowledge Management Advisors in the day-to-day activities;
- The incumbent has the following major responsibilities
- Assists in organizing resource centre documentation
- Reviews local and international broadcasted medias on renewable energies and suggest articles to be shared per month.
- Assists in the development of standard information materials production
- Assists in ensuring briefing materials and factsheets are prepared in a timely manner
- Updates the existing filing system of project’s publications, booklets, audios and videos for easy retrieval
- Carry out other duties that may arise during the contract period.
- Media and communication related data collection and processing
- Media and communication service provide identification and documentation
- Support documentation of communication work including physical and virtual meetings
- Support event organization and documentation
- Minimum qualification requirements is a University degree in Information Management/systems, Business Administration, Marketing, International relation, international language, communication or other related field from accredited academic institution.
- The candidate should to be a recent graduate (no longer that one year)
- Ability in desk research, information gathering and prepare background analysis and present concisely
- Fluency in English, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work
- Knowledge in digital technologies, Microsoft applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point) and knowledge of office 365 and virtual meeting technologies is advantages
- Good knowledge of the Ethiopia government structure and energy sector is an additional asset
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Intern Knowledge Management #073/2020” in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Only women candidates are accepted