Koka CSR Project Manager
|Date Posted||August 17, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Koka CSR Project Manager Job Description
The Koka CSR Project Manager plans, organizes, engages the community and stake holders, and controls the projects according to the direction of the board of management. The manager should have skills and ability to develop project proposal, conduct need assessments and analysis, prioritizing the projects according to the budget limit and preparation of detailed plans for implementation. Preparing memorandums of agreement with concerned community leaders and government stake holders for a clear document base of the project and mobilizing the community to take part as owner of the project. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress of projects. Prepare different reports for upper management and stake holders regarding the status of projects.
The successful candidate will work properly with the donors, community and concerned government bodies for the sustainable development of the project. The program manager should also play liaison role in building good public relation through effective communication to public and different medias to maintain good image for the donor companies.
The key Role and Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the engagement with the local communities around 30,000 communities and advise other stakeholders, particularly the companies Florensis, Dummen Orange and Syngenta, and others on appropriate interventions.
- Facilitate and document the convention of stakeholders, particularly those stakeholders active in their influence and different role in the community towards materializing local needs and change in to an action plan proposal.
- Integrate stakeholders into the development of the different CSR activities, predominantly by involving them in discussion groups.
- Conduct continuous mapping of stakeholders that may come to the area for their possible engagement to contribute to the community and projects.
- Act as a node between grass root (community) and donors [companies, other partners] to facilitate similar level of understanding of the companies’ sustainability activities.
- Feed inputs gathered from the local level dialogues to the CSR committee ….etc]
- Further develop a community consultation, engagement and corresponding communication strategy that aligns/complies with international best practices (e.g. IFC or International Association of Public Participation).
- Establish a grievance mechanism for the communities around the companies and support the adoption and implementation of grievance mechanisms by other stakeholders involved in the companies’ spheres of influence.
- Adequately provide support on international best practices of community engagement to the companies etc.
- Ensure the capacity of the local communities around the companies is built for continuation of input from the grass root level in case of phasing-out. I.e., Facilitate that communities are organized in such a way that they eventually can engage with the companies without assistance.
- Ensure that all projects are properly planned, controlled, communicated and delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation from all donors on time
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop community engagement plan and prepare grievance Handling and management plan.
- Evaluate and Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with the community and stake holders and evaluate the progress in attitude of the community towards the projects and companies’ image.
- Perform risk assessment to minimize project risks and develop strategies for risk management.
- Work according to the rule and regulation of the country and donor policy.
- Develop the skills and capability of the staff to improve performance.
Evaluation and Reporting
- Prepare Periodic reports monthly, quarterly, and annually to the concerned government sectors and to all donor companies.
- Organize meetings monthly with the donors, quarterly with concerned stake holders and additional meetings as required.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Employment contract of one year with possible renewal every year based on performance.
Reports to: Joint farm (Board of management)
Duty Station: East shoa, lume woreda koka Town
Terms of Employment: Contract
Starting Basic Salary: Attractive and Negotiable
Minimum Educational and work experience Requirement
- MBA or BA Degree in social science preferably in community development related profession with at least 5 years’ relevant experience for MBA and 8 years relevant experience for BA degree out of which at least who work more than three years at the level of community project manager or related NGO experience.
- Community project experience has advantage.
Skills Specific to the Position
- Analyzing Information, Effective Verbal, and written Communication, Directing and influencing others.
- Professional approach in managing projects
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in advanced analysis and computer skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to conduct assessment and re-search in the community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; in English, Oromiffa, & Amharic
- Strong finance and Leadership skill.
Interested applicant should send scanned copies of the CV, application letter, 3 professional references; including the professional relationship with the person, the person’s telephone number and, if possible, an email address and other supporting documents.
Applications should be sent to E-mail Tarekegn.Assefa@florensis.com, or Aychiluhim.Abebe_Eshete@syngenta.com or G.Kebede@DummenOrange.com .
Or in person to Florensis Ethiopia PLC, or Dummen orange plc or Syngenta flower Ethiopia cuttings plc farm site located in east shoa zone, lume woreda , koka town.
Application should reach to the companies latest by August 20, 2021.
N.B Only shortlisted candidates shall be contracted for assessment.
Note: Use " Koka CSR Project Manager " as the subject title of your email !