|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Lab and Operations Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the lab, implementation of the process and controls, achievement of targets & KPIs, preventive maintenance of the equipment, technical training of the lab staff, inventory management and controls as well as any specific objectives given by the management. The position will report to Managing Director.
- Handle full spectrum of lab functions/production i.e. Surfacing, Coatings, Glazing, QC.
- Responsible for timely delivery of jobs in terms of the agreed turnaround time.
- Set process flows and ensure adherence.
- Achievement of daily, weekly and monthly KPIs and targets.
- Responsible for timely and correctly ordering of all Inventories of lenses, consumables, final packaging materials to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of all the lab equipment in terms of the servicing and maintenance schedules provided by the supplier or technical teams.
- Set up periodic training of technical staff for them to understand the process and to keep abreast with new technology and products.
- Assist sales and CS team to understand to understand technical aspects in ordering and specifications required to ensure inflow of correct orders in the lab.
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma engineering or related fields.
- Min 3-5 year’s relevant experience in an Optical Surfacing Lab.
- Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels.
- Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel.
- Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to support and interact at all levels of organization.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Timely and Quality delivery on daily output of jobs
- Monthly reports on volumes, operations and yields.
- Yields to be in line with Essilor standards
- Minimizing breakdowns and operational efficiency by periodic maintenance of lab equipment and ancillary machines.
- Monthly closing Binder with Signed off BS Reconciliations