|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 30, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Under overall supervision of Laboratory Manager and direct supervision of Laboratory Supervisor, employee performs a wide range of procedures in all general areas of the laboratory including chemistry, serology, parasitology, and microbiology procedure; and does related work as required.
I. Specimen Collection, Handling, and Processing:
- Receives specimens from wards, phlebotomy room or obtains specimens directly from patient.
- Process specimens including receiving, sorting, accessioning and storing.
- Follows established procedures when processing specimens for analysis.
- Aliquot specimens properly as needed.
- Store specimens in proper place and temperature; discard specimens that exceed retention time.
- Ensure proper disposal of waste.
- Provide instructions for proper specimen collection to patients (AFB, UA)
- Notifies laboratory supervisor of significant problems related to specimen or test orders.
II. Test Performance:
- Performs a variety of laboratory tests in accordance with established procedure for diagnosis and treatment of patient.
- Prepares reagents properly, minimizes wastes, and considers cost-effectiveness in the use of supplies.
- Notifies Laboratory Supervisor of problems occurring during the test performance that would affect patient test results.
III. Test Result Reporting:
- Verifies patient reports produced within laboratory are accurate and timely.
- Ensure all critical results have been called and documented by workstations.
- Record results in the log book.
IV. Instrument Related Responsibility:
- Ensures proper functioning of instruments before release of patient results.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance of equipment as scheduled and documented.
- Notifies Laboratory Supervisor of instrument malfunction.
V. Purchasing and Inventory control:
- Participates in the inventory control program to ensure appropriate levels of supplies within the department.
- Utilizes all supplies and equipment in an appropriate and cost effective, efficient manner.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology with professional renewed license as Medical Laboratory Technologist approved by Food, Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority of Ethiopia.
- Two years of experience in Diagnostic laboratory.
- Having Quality training is preferable
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and CV through the following address:
Please mention the title of the position you applied for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.
Note: only short listed candidates will be contacted