|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 27, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD) Association was established and registered with the Ministry of Justice in December 2005. ECDD was re-registered and accorded legal personality with registry no. 0321 on 17 May 2019 as a local organization in accordance with the Civil Society Organization Proclamation Number 1113/2019. ECDD works collaboratively with other organizations to promote and facilitate “disability inclusive development” in Ethiopia – the inclusion of disability issues and persons with disabilities in mainstream government service delivery and development organization programs.
ECDD in partnership with CBM and BMZ-Germany is implementing “SKILLS Project” with an overall objective of improving livelihoods of young women and men with disabilities in Ethiopia. The project aims to promote and support skills training and employment opportunities for young adults aged 15-29 with physical, visual, hearing, intellectual and other types of disabilities in 10 regions and the two city administrations (Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa).
The direct target group of the project consists of 2,200 young adults. Of whom, 1,800 will be supported to start training at Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) institutions. 400 youth with disabilities, selected from 20 communities, will be enrolled in Community Based Training (CBT). 50% of the successful TVET and CBT trainees will be supported by the project to find employment, either in the form of wage employment in public and private sector companies/organizations or self-employment. Currently, ECDD is looking for one competent and qualified candidates for Labour Market Officer Position.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The Labour Market officer is based at ECDD’s head office (Addis Ababa) whose responsibility will be managing the overall labour market related activities of the project. Reporting to the skills Project Coordinator, the Labor Market officer is responsible to:
1. Collaborate with skills project staff to implement labor market related activities
2. Work closely with the Federal TVET Agency and Regional TVET Agencies to promote the implementation of inclusive TVET and Inclusive Employment.
3. Follow-up and monitor partnerships developed between TVET institutions, employers, and government authorities towards realizing disability inclusive employment in Ethiopia
4. Work closely with EBDN to identify and encourage companies in Ethiopia to join the EBDN
5. Support EBDN in capacity building to provide DIAT and other awareness raising trainings on inclusion and inclusive employment practices to member companies and other public and private sector companies
6. Plan and implement IT training course at selected TVETs.
7. Train employees of EBDN member companies on how to develop and implement their own Corporate Social Responsibility programmes
8. Provide technical support for the Minch phone platform.
9. Collect and analyze data on local labor market, trends, opportunities to persons with disabilities and skill gaps in order to identify demand-driven opportunities for inclusive job creation
10. identify wage and self-employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and the skills required for these opportunities
11. Establishing a partnership with Ethiojobs/ other platforms for jobs creation and ensure the employment opportunities created are sustained
12. Design, backstop, monitor and evaluate capacity building programs in the areas of inclusive employment and labor market as well as delivery of employment services and job creation for persons with disabilities.
13. Determine knowledge, skills and experience requirements of jobs relevant to persons with disabilities to help guide potential interventions
14. Carry out analysis and evaluation of employment problems in the labor market pertaining to persons with disabilities and advise on the design, monitoring and evaluation of sectoral policy programs.
15. Support the development of action plan and a road map at national level to create inclusive employment and sustainable livelihoods for persons with disabilities
16. Conduct discussions with various microfinance institutions regarding the financial support to be provided to persons with disabilities
17. Develop manuals and/or guidelines on inclusive employment / TOT business skill training to be delivered for persons with disabilities.
18. Contribute to the implementation of livelihoods and empowerment strategies at the project sites, including working with DPOs, CSOs, and other community groups to link the beneficiaries to private sector and income generating activities Ensure the employment opportunities created are sustained
19. Represent ECDD in labour market related meetings with stakeholders, including government and non-government partners, and donor agencies
20. Any other task assigned by Executive Director / Program Director /Project Coordinator.
§ Education: minimum of BA Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or related field
§ Professional experience: minimum 4 years of responsibility for the implementation of donor/funded projects related to livelihood, vocational skills training and work
§ Good understanding of national TVET policies and strategies, and extensive knowledge of other organizations active in livelihoods-related work in Ethiopia
§ Good knowledge of the practice and profession of special needs education
§ Previous professional work in vocational skills training is desirable
§ Previous business experience is desirable
§ Previous professional experience working with persons with disabilities is desirable
§ Excellent interpersonal relationships and team work
§ Excellent communication skills
§ Able and willing to travel frequently to the project intervention areas
§ Competence in the use of computer applications
§ Fluency in English and Amharic or Ethiopian Sign Language, knowledge of other Ethiopian languages is also advantageous.
Qualified individuals with disabilities, especially women, are encouraged to apply. ECDD gives priority in employment to qualified candidates with disabilities. ECDD will meet any and all required disability adjustment costs to enable individuals with disabilities to meet the requirements of the position.
· A cover letter/application letter (not more than one page)
· A CV (not more than 3 pages)
· A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills use your name for all documents and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer to the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT scanned copies of transcripts, academic degrees, or recommendation letters with your application. You will provide them upon request. Make sure that you state the title of the position on the subject of your email.
· Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
· All travel and recruitment-related costs should be covered by the applicant.
· Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.