|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 25, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO) is an Ethiopian indigenous, “Civil Society Organization” established in 2014. ASDEPO is mandated to operate in all regional states of the country and is engaged indifferent thematic program areas of intervention namely: Humanitarian Response, Education, Health/HIV and AIDS/RH, Women and Youth Economic Empowerment, Gender Based Violence and Child Protection, Migration/Human Trafficking, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (Wash), NTD’s Climate Change, Agriculture, Environmental Protection and Training in Gambella, Oromiya, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, SNNPR and Somali Region.
- The Logistics, Administration and Finance Officer: will be responsible for administering the Logistics, Finance and Human Resources of the project areas. Provide adequate logistics functioning of the projects by taking in to consideration the logistics procedure.
- The purpose of the position is to manage ASDEPO’s Emergency Nutrition Response Project supported by donors, in HR/Admin and Finance activities in line with professional principles and ASDEPO’s rules and regulation. And co-ordinate and manage ASDEPO’s fleet to ensure efficient and effective operation in the Office. Provide effective and efficient HR and Admin related services to staff working for the Office.
- Coordinate with other team members to complete financial requirements for Action plans and prepare reports.
- Undertaking other standard financial requirements such as weekly cash count, surprise cash count, checking payroll, undertaking random checks on purchase prices and preparing cash flow requests.
- Prepare and Check monthly financial report
- Ensure adequate fund/cash held in programme for planned activities
- Ensure the following deadlines are adhered
- Monthly cash books and bank books
- Cash requests from the fields
- Cash transfers to fields and others
- Adhere to the necessary accounting, documentation and reporting procedures required for the purchase of items based on purchases/procurement procedure, if any.
- Responsible to check daily financial payments in line with organizational policies and procedures by giving due attention to authorization level and budget codes.
- Ensuring close collaboration and communication with Finance and HR departments at HO to facilitate and smoothen consistent running of the projects
- Check and review the external work done before any payment is effective
- Review and check monthly staffs’ payroll before the payment is effected
Transport & Logistics Responsibilities
- Collect monthly log sheet for office and rented vehicles and evaluate each vehicle’s
- Understand and adhere to the rules and regulations of (Transport, Procurement and warehouse policy) of ASDEPO. If these regulations are not clear bring it to the attention of your line manager.
- Check and review office` vehicles repair and spare part bills and make sure the invoices are in accordance with the agreement before payment is effect.
- Collect daily and weekly transport plan from the users and organize the transport in cost effective way.
- Monitor office and rented vehicles daily movement and ensure that resources are effectively used for Concern interest only.
- Fuel consumption.
- Produce monthly transport report with all formations like: Maintenance cost, fuel consumption, availability, utilization, accident/incident and need satisfaction.
- In case of accidents follow up necessary procedures (insurance company, traffic police, lawyer, reporting, visiting scene, etc.)
- Maintenance, spare part and office rent are timely renewed.
- Monitor logbooks and vehicles charge out sheet of Drivers on a weekly basis ensuring that they are filled in properly fuel usage, KM analysis
HR & Admin Responsibilities
- Maintain and update personnel files of all staff at the project, including all documentation as required in line with ASDEPO HR Manual guidelines. Manage and record staffs’ annual leave roster and ensure all annual leave is used within the current year. Record and manage all staff related leaves such as Compensatory Time Offs, sick leaves as per organizations HR Manual.
- Manage and address all staff personal issues following the ASDEPO HR Manual guidelines
- Provide the necessary materials and equipment to project staff for their day to day activities
- Receive, screen, log and route programme-related correspondences and maintain an effective follow-up system
- Monitor and follow-up on the performance (PDR) of all staff working in the Sub-office.
- Maintain high standard of Health and Safety within the working environment.
- Maintain good working relationships in the workplace.
- Perform other duties assigned by the line manager for the accomplishment of programme objectives.
- Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
Employment Type: Contract for one year
Contract duration: Until December 31, 2023
Required Number: 2
Location: Benishangul Gumuz region (Metekel Zone) and Afar region ( Zone 2)
- BA Degree or College Diploma in accounting, management and related field of studies with minimum of three years or five years relevant experience respectively
- Profound experience in finance, administration, logistics and HR Management
- NGO experience in emergency projects is an advantage
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Good interpersonal skills and team player with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency