|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 10, 2021|
|Category|| Hospitality |
Hotel / Restaurant
|Job Type|| Contract |
A Laundry supervisor is responsible for running laundry departments day to day operations and to deliver an excellent Guest experience while managing stock ordering and supplier relationships.
Additional responsibilities include, up keeping training, performance evaluations, scheduling and supervising the personnel within the department.
Laundry Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and putting into operation the current system and technical advancement in the field of Laundry operations.
- Formulating washing formula for stained loads.
- Ensuring the washing of linen and uniform as per standard.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all laundry equipment.
- Co-ordinating with the Engineering Department about their routine maintenance of the equipment.
- Preparing Annual Laundry Budget.
- Develop new methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
- Coordinate with the maintenance team for outstanding repairs of machinery.
- Overall controlling and supervision of the Department.
- Training and coordination with supporting Departments.
- Record and monitor laundry cost.
- Make reports and recommendations when required.
- Oversee the laundry equipment preventive maintenance program.
- Approve distribution of linen to guestrooms and food and beverage department areas.
- Direct all Laundry staff.
- Approve the Laundry staff duty roster.
- Organizing training for the staff.
- Hire and train new laundry staffs.
- Experience in team management.
- Should be familiar with computers and hotel applications.
- Plan and judge for uniform replacement.
- To ensure the uniform room inspects all uniforms daily for replacement and damage.
- Provide other duties and services as assigned by the Executive housekeeper.
- Conduct weekly departmental meetings with supervisors.
REPORTS TO: HK and Laundry Manager
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities. Highly responsible & reliable and also ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues.
- Education High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience Two to three years of experience managing entry-level employees. Minimum two years housekeeping/laundry management experience in hotel industry.
Interested applicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of document and other relevant testimonies to Intercontinental Addis Hotel Guinea Conakry (Tito) Street, Kazanchis, at Human Resource office during office hours from Nov 8, 2021 up to Nov 13, 2021. On the other option you can send an email to the hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information call us 0115180444.
You must mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.