|Location||North and South side of the country, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The position exists to perform work in accordance with company policies and procedures, ensuring work is done in a manner that will not risk individual personal health and safety, colleagues, company assets, business performance and will not harm the environment. This includes proposing changes, where opportunities for improving performance, failure reductions, or increased efficiency and reducing risks are identified, and promptly reporting accidents, incidents, near misses and unsafe acts and situations and any other hazardous situations observed.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepare tobacco to the blending area from warehouse prior commencement of production run.
- Check and making sure that engineering artisans have fixed correct tipping knives set up and arrange the grades components according to blend ratio. NTRM is picked and segregated in all primary picking positions.
Issuing & Feeding
- Issue and reconcile C48's to processing line by using Leaf Point system. Continuous monitoring and ensuring that NTRM free tobacco is being fed into the processing line consistently and in the right order and quantity and ensure that each and every feeding table index conveyor has adequate tobacco at all times.
- Keep factory area of responsibility clean by actively participating in daily cleaning, general cleaning and off season activities. Ensure that spillage product is well segregated.
- Execute all activities by following developed procedures and work instructions to achieve and sustain IMS standards
Occupational Health & safety
- Ensure own safety and that of team and coworkers. This includes taking care of the environment and doing work in line with all JTI policies and procedures which include managing wastes, conducting risk assessment before carrying any tasks and conducting safety dialogues with individuals and teams.
- Recruit, motivate and guide the professional development of the team reporting directly and indirectly to the incumbent.
- Manage various tasks and projects as they arise and upon manager’s request.
- 12Th grade complete and an Engineering related background is an added advantage
- Minimum two-years demonstrable experience of having undergone in-house
Factory Operator's training in a tobacco processing organization
- English (read, write and speak)
- Computer Skills - Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office
Analytical - analyze provided data and act accordingly
- knowledge of Collective Labor Agreement, Internal Regulations and Safety Policy of the company.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae only through email address firstname.lastname@example.org and the application should be before the application deadline.
Application email subject shall state the position title Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.