|Location||North and South side of the country, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The position exists to to take charge of lamina and by-product packing area as per the set standards and procedures
Perform work in accordance with company policies and procedures, ensuring work is done in a manner that will not risk individual personal health and safety, colleagues, company assets, business performance and will not harm the environment. This includes proposing changes, where opportunities for improving performance, failure reductions, or increased efficiency and reducing risks are identified, and promptly reporting accidents, incidents, near misses and unsafe acts and situations and any other hazardous situations observed.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Occupational Health & Safety
- Ensures that a risk assessment is carried out and work permits are issued out accordingly.
- Ensures that PPE is available and is being used by the workers effectively.
- Ensures that safety dialogues are being conducted at least a minimum of 2 per individual per month and recorded in the system.
- Continuously monitor the quality of product, packaging and proactively correct any deviations from the set standards.
- Account and reconcile for all NTMs drawn from stores and product packed and periodically produce and share NTM usage report
- Ensure the right preparations and resources for operations including people, equipment and processes are in place to achieve yield, quality, safety and productivity targets and objectives. This includes ensuring proper machine setup and data recording, conducting periodic checks on machinery, identifying areas for troubleshooting during machine operation and proposing ways to improve.
- Keep factory area of responsibility clean by actively participating in daily cleaning, general cleaning and off season activities. Ensure that spillage product is well segregated with dust and clean product is reintroduced into the processing line.
- Execute all activities by following developed procedures and work instructions to achieve and sustain IMS standards
- Recruit, motivate and guide the professional development of the team reporting directly and indirectly to the incumbent.
- Manage various tasks and projects as they arise and upon manager’s request.
- 12Th grade complete & and Engineering related background is an added advantage.
- Minimum two-years demonstrable experience of having undergone in-house
- Factory Operator's training in a tobacco processing organization.
- English (read, write and speak)
- Computer Skills - Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office
Analytical - analyze provided data and act accordingly
- knowledge of Collective Labor Agreement, Internal Regulations and Safety Policy of the company.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae only through email address email@example.com and the application should be before the application deadline.
Application email subject shall state the position title Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.