|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The position holder directly reports to the WE-GO Program Coordinator and will lead the Learning, Design and Measurement (LDM) functions of the project. Under this position, the incumbent is responsible for the design and implementation of the M&E system for the project. S/he will also ensure the compatibility/integration of the WE-GO M&E system with the CARE’s systems at global and country office levels. The WE-GO LDM Manager ensures project activities are performed as planned and to bring about the desired impact through monitoring, evaluation, research and documenting lessons learnt.
II. Roles and Responsibilities
1. Designs M&E Guidelines and Framework (35%)
- Oversees the harmonization of CARE’s M&E system and tools with the WE-GO project including the delivery unit/ Planning, M &E Directorate at the MoA, Agricultural Transformation Agency;
- Leads WE-GO’s M &E framework design as per the donor’s and CARE’s M&E guidelines and requirements;
- Systematically align and integrate some of the CARE’s global indicators on organizational capacity, women empowerment, inclusive market development, and gender focused service delivery with the WE-GO outcome/change indicators
- Leads the integration of both qualitative and quantitative indicators in the M&E framework as well as gender transformative measurement tools in the M&E plan including Pro-WEIA indices; Guides standardization of the M&E across WE-GO implementing woredas, zones and regions;
- Prepares work flows and milestones for the major M&E activities including Management Reports and Performance Measurement Plan (PMP) preparation;
- Prepare and implement learning frameworks together with project delivery unit/ PME Directorate members and other stakeholders;
- Document, present, share and support publication of learning outcomes from WE-GO project implementation.
2. Oversees the Planning (20%)
- Guides and works closely with MoA/ BoAs planning, M&E directorate focal points, Data Analysts and program staffs to develop the project’s Performance Measurement Plan (PMP)
- Guides Annual Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) preparation of WE-GO project and for federal MoA, regional BOAs and lower levels;
- Leads planning of various evaluations, assessments and analysis scheduled in the project, and ensures the utilization/integration of recommendations to inform the project work plan and design
- Leads preparation of consolidated CARE WE-GO project Annual implementation Plans;
3. WE-GO Strategic Monitoring (10%)
- Prepares and/or adapts progress tracking template against target of primary and intermediate outcomes;
- Guides WE-GO’s monitoring in line with CARE CO strategy and learning and performance measurement;
- Consolidate monitoring data and develop regular MEL reports
- Guide the preparation of quarterly and yearly project performance reports including supporting;
- Oversights the collection, consolidation and analysis of data for baseline, annual intermediate result, mid-term and end line evaluations.
4. Operational Monitoring and Reporting of Programs (20%)
- Oversees monitoring of WE-GO in accordance with the MEL policies;
- Provide technical guidance on M&E to program and technical staffs including focal persons in MoA and BoAs;
- Ensure the measurement of performance using state of the art and gender transformative monitoring tools;
- Leads timely collection of statistical information and data for monitoring;
- Ensure preparation of MEL reports by programs in accordance with CARE and MoA guidelines;
- Ensures report review process to the standard and monitor data for quality through standard data quality assessment ;
- Critically review the compiled WE-GO regular performance reports and submit to immediate supervisor
- Regularly track, accumulates and report emerging evidences of changes on CARE outcome/impact level indicators and governance marker
5. Documentation and learning (10%)
- Ensures proper utilization of CARE global and national databases such as PIIRS and CO KML-library;
- Closely work with MoA to use the planned Management Information System to be rolled out in the sector;
- Work with networks with the MoA and its partners (ATA, IFAD, etc.) and programs/ projects it is implementing to streamline gender integration, share experiences and lessons;
- Guide preparation of MEL products for wider sharing with partners and stakeholders;
- Organize learning sharing events and ensure regular dissemination of learnings with programs and technical units, including CARE’s inclusive governance sector.
6. Perform other duties as assigned (5%)
III. GENDER EQUALITY
· Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender, youth and social inclusion issues.
· Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and PSEAH (safeguarding), as evidenced in previous positions / programming.
- Educational level required: MSc/MA Degree in Statistics, Development Economics, Development management, MIS, Development Studies and other related fields
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic objectives of CARE
- 4 years of demonstrated relevant work experience preferably from INGO on Learning Design and Measurement for capacity development, women empowerment and market based programs/projects
Desired: Previous work experience on Gender, women empowerment, PSNP, food security program, agricultural extension and gender sensitive M&E, /analytical research is a plus.
C) Technical Skills
- Demonstrated skills and experience in participatory designing, monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning community participation and ownership, development theory, Participatory Rural Appraise tools, Participatory learning, data gathering, data triangulation and collection and use of both qualitative and quantitative data management
- Experience in women’s empowerment, gender and social norm measurement tools including Pro-WEAI/ SNAP/
- Experience in design and implementing gender focused capacity measurement tools like outcome mapping, OCAT
- Demonstrated skill and experiences in designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative research
- Analysis and report writing skills
- Experience and skills in using database programs (such as SPSS, STATA, Eviews) for data entry, analysis, and reporting and planning and implementation of M&E systems;
- Experience in program effectiveness and learning
- Super user of MS Office products, particularly Access, Excel or other databases and, graphic presentation and financial spreadsheet programs and Word.
- Commitment to the mission and core values of CARE.
D) Competencies: CARE core values (Transformation, integrity, diversity, excellence, and equality), building partnerships, and managing performance for success, initiating action, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, pro-active problem solving and organizing, good temperament and good sense of humor.
IV. Contacts/Key Relationships:
- The incumbent is expected to establish and maintain good relations with all staff in implementing organizations at all levels. S/he will also be expected to have productive and professional relations with various technical and operation staffs
V. Working Conditions and Level of Travel Required.
- This position is based in Addis Ababa, 30% of his/her time for travel to project operational areas
CARE Ethiopia is committed to preventing all unwanted behavior at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CARE Safeguarding Policy and related framework. CARE Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Ethiopia requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through Ethiojobs
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women!
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.