|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
LonAdd HR Consultancy Plc (www.lonadd.com) is a Recruitment & Outsourcing Company based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem and Hawassa.
We are looking for legal advisor and call centre coordinator to hire for the following project:
The Ethiopian Investment Commission in collaboration with the ILO Advancing Decent Work Siraye and Bridges Programme is planning to establish call centres at Hawassa and Bole Lemi Industrial Parks.
The Legal Advisor and Call Center Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of EIC and BOLSA. The incumbent will work in collaboration with the other experts in the Centre.
Description of Duties
- Liaise with MOLSA/BOLSA to provide legal advise to workers, factories, labour unit, One Stop service on labour law, international labour standards, labour relations, working conditions, social dialogue, grievance handling, occupational safety and health in a confidential manner
- Develop content to ensure proper messaging and reporting by the call centre operator
- Develop, plan and implement promotional activities, to improve labour law awareness
- Establish tripartite plus committee and convene regular meetings to respond to the questions raised by workers or employers in a coordinated manner
- Based on the frequently asked questions, conduct assessments to identify the root causes of the problem and propose solutions.
- Collaborate with Hawassa University Legal aid center to obtain use of their community support activities for legal aid and other support actions.
- Prepare summaries of judgements in the labour court and labour relations boards involving the park workers and factories for learning purposes.
- Coordinate the work of the centre and develop workplan and quarterly report concerning work carried out by the centre
- Document, share lessons learnt and best practices
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- LLB degree in law with exceptional knowledge in labour law. Work experience with private sector or manufacturing sector and knowledge of the garment and textile sector would be advantageous
- above 6 years of professional experience preferably in private/ manufacturing sector supporting Human Resource administration.
- Demonstrated sound political judgment and capacity to work well in a tripartite context.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in delivery of legal advice to workplace actors.
- Experience in managing teams, knowledge of local knowledge is essential.
Technical competencies -
- Excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills. Decision-making skills. Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills, tact, discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently. Ability to analyse defined aspects of legal issues, draft clearly and concisely to prepare studies and comments and take initiatives to keep up-to-date with new developments in the area of industrial relations and working conditions.
Behavioural competencies -
- Ability to: carry out assignments in accordance with instructions and guidelines; work within tight deadlines and respect confidentiality; adaptability.
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by putting Application for Legal Advisor and Call Centre Coordinator in the subject box.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline June 30th, 2021