|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 16, 2021|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelors Degree in Education, Psychology or related fields
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in content/curriculum development/adaptation, testing and training
• Experience teaching in ECCD and/or Primary School preferred
• Experience in complex emergencies or post-conflict settings, with experience working in a difficult security environment.
• Proven track record of and knowledge of engaging with government priorities, systems, and structure;
• Proven success in developing educational/training content and delivery;
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
• Proficiency in English required. All donor reports, deliverables and communication will be in English.
• Proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet).
The closing date for the application in July 21, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.