|Location||Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2020|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli (CISP) (International Committee for the Development of People) is an international NGO established in 1983 in Rome, Italy and currently operating in 30 countries in various parts of the world. CISP has been operating in Ethiopia since 1986 through relief, rehabilitation and development projects. In collaboration with various local partners CISP is actively implementing projects in Ethiopia in the area of humanitarian assistance, agriculture, food security, livelihood, Education, CMDRR, WASH and other social development projects, currently implementing the project entitled “Improvement of the living conditions of South Sudanese refugees and hosting communities: integrated interventions in the camps of the Gambella and Benishangul Gumuz Regional States”.
CISP is looking for a light vehicle driver for Assosa Field Office.
Major DUTIES and Responsibilities:
- Drives the vehicle assigned to him safely, with strict observance of traffic rules and regulations and the organization's internal policy;
- Ensures that the vehicle is utilized for the sole purpose of the organization's work;
- Checks and ensures the timely filling and rational use of fuel and oil supplies to the organization's vehicles;
- Ascertains that the necessary appliances (spare tyre, fire extinguisher, tools, etc.) are readily available in the vehicle;
- Ensures proper cleanliness, maintenance, servicing repair and safe keeping of the vehicle.
- Ensures the annual inspection of the vehicle before the set deadline.
- Distributes/collects letters, packages, parcels and messages on behalf of the organization;
- Fills in fuel and oil consumed and kilometer readings before and after any travel on appropriate transport forms and submits same to his/her immediate supervisor;
- Fills up the vehicle log sheet accurately and submits it on regular basis to the logistic officer/transport supervisor;
- Informs to his/her supervisor any incident or safety problems faced up on travel immediately;
- Conducts standard checks of the vehicle every day before operating and ensures that regular maintenance work is carried out at recommended Km reading.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
Place of work:
- Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz Regional State, with frequent field trips as required
Length of Contract:
- Till December 31st, 2020
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 3rd grade driving license,
- At least 5 years driving experience and preferably experience of NGOs works environment;
- Minimum of 10th grade complete/ High School Graduate,
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian Government Road Transport Motor Vehicle Regulation/Code;
- Basic skill on operation and maintenance of light vehicle;
- Good knowledge of the main roads and side roads around the work areas (Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz Regional State),
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Conversant with minor mechanical maintenance and Technical knowhow of the vehicle operation and maintenance, Familiar with working in multicultural systems and in a regional context, knowing the local language is advantageous.
Please submit cover letter, CV with three references from previous employers and relevant credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31, 2020. Please include the name of the position and the location in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Finalists will be contacted.
For hard copy applicants you can submit your application through CISP; P.O. Box 60014; Addis Ababa; Ethiopia or physically at CISP Country Office; Beklo Bet (around Global Hotel), on Chilalo Building – 4th floor, Addis Ababa. Tel. No. 011-466 50 48 or 011-416 14 82) or Assosa CISP Office; next to UNICEF office, behind St. Mary Church. Tel 057-27-57-934. All applications should be received within 10 days of this advertisement.
In the selection of its staff, CISP is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.