|Location||Adama, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 implementing programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihoods of disaster-affected populations through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
Position: Light Vehicle Driver
Duty Station: Adama, with frequent travel to field sites
Salary & Benefits: 4,358 ETB per month plus 15% transportation allowance
The Light Vehicle Driver main job responsibilities includes; providing safe transportation services for IRC activities under IRC Adama field office project sites, care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories, accurate upkeeping of the vehicle’s log sheet, maintaining vehicles cleanness and making minor mechanical services as required, and strictly adhering to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Strict adhere to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks. Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Maintaining the vehicle clean, fueled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the SC manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Documents all fuel and other expenditure regularly and properly.
- Reports promptly to the Supply Chain officer losses, malfunctions or accidents in writing immediately events occur.
- Keeps vehicles clean and make minor mechanical services as required.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- TVET Diploma or High School graduate with 3rd Grade Valid Driving License.
- At least 3 years driving experiences for TVET Diploma holders and 4 years for High School graduate.
- NGO experience is a plus.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in English, Amharic, and Afaan Oromo languages.
- Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations.
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair.
- Good team spirit, attitude, behavior, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks.
Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply on IRC Career portal ONLY.
Here is the link to APPLY:
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for and date of application.
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address and telephone number.
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.