|Location||Gassera, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
1. Responsible for the overall implementation of livelihood and capacity building extension component activities.
2. Responsible to ensure that the project meets its defined objectives and achieve set targets.
3. Develop a yearly and monthly detail work plan to implement the major activities of the livelihood and capacity building extension component in the selected kebeles.
4. Design livelihood and capacity building extension activities for the economic benefit of drought affected pastoralists in proposed intervention kebeles.
5. Lead assessment process, including planning and reporting to determine livelihood and capacity building extension needs and respond them with the project budget line.
6. Collect information related to livelihood and capacity building extension in the project intervention areas including actors, services and resources available
7. Conduct regular field visits to verify quality /progress/ of livelihood and capacity building extension component intervention provide technical guidance and advice.
8. Responsible for planning and executing and monitoring and evaluation of the component.
9. Planning and executing effective strategies with community for ensuring their livelihoods, food security and capacity building extension enterprise development
10. Carry out awareness raising on the secure pastoralist livelihoods and capacity building extension program activities.
11. Develop and coordinate community based micro finance and other creative initiatives that support livelihoods and capacity building extension.
12. Ensure high quality and innovation in the livelihood and capacity building extension component of the project.
13. Establish livelihood committees as deemed necessary and carry out community mobilization process.
14. Train and educate the livelihood subgroups in the target community about the entire livelihood component, roles and responsibilities of the subgroup and the expected achievement.
15. Organize technical (value addition, market etc.) and enterprise development trainings in collaboration with suitable institutions.
16. Develop linkages with relevant stakeholders and evolve their participation with effective use of relevant community based participatory tools.
17. Insure beneficiary capacity building as part of livelihood intervention
18. Ensure strong coordination with partners and other stakeholders on assessment, project /program/design, implementation and the implementation of the livelihood project
19. Be responsible to carry out community training on sector specific issues and community awareness raising
20. Community awareness raising through
Masters of Bachelor Degree in Plant Science, Economics, Horticulture, Rural Development, Natural Resource Management, Agronomy and other related fields with Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience for Masters Degree and 3 years for Bachelor Degree.
Ability to interact with people
Experience in livelihood skills training
Strong communication skill in English (written and oral
Relevant on job training is advantageous
Good skills in reporting and monitoring
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through ethiojobs.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.