|Location||Bambasi, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Livelihood Officer is answerable to the Project Team Leader and is responsible for:
- Responsible for the implementation of livelihood activities;
- Collect data on livelihood status of the refugee camps;
- Survey and identify livelihood development constraints and suggest the possible recommendations to the project office;
- Support and train the vegetable producers (farmers);
- Responsible for the day to day livelihood activities like monitoring irrigation and vegetable production backyard gardening and multistory gardening of beneficiaries;
- Design water application system which is appropriate to the area (irrigation application methods for small farm land);
- Attend inter agency meeting each month and participate in other meeting representing the organization;
- Prepare and submit reports directly to the Bambasi Sudanese Refugee Assistance Project Coordinator regularly;
Required qualification and Work Experience:
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Horticulture, Rural Development, Natural Resource Management, Agronomy and other related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience for Master’s degree and 3 years for Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in sprinkler irrigation technology
- Excellent written and oral English Language skills required
- Ability interact with people
- Knowledge in areas of multistory gardening, back yard gardening. Poultry, animal husbandry, drip irrigation application and other income generating activities.
- Experience in livelihood skills and sprinkler irrigation
- Interested to work under pressure and in harsh environment
- Previous related experience in NGO setup is an advantage
The ideal candidate will also:
· Demonstrate commitment to the values, aims and principles of LWF/WS, including equal opportunity and gender sensitivity.
· NGO experience is advantageous. Competent women are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter through Ethiojobs.
· LWF World Service Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer. LWF World Service Ethiopia considers all applicants based on merit regardless of sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability except for affirmative action to bring gender equity.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted