|Date Posted||November 23, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Friendship Support Association (FSA) is a local NGO working in Afar and Oromia Regional States in various sectors supporting the pastoral and agro-pastoral communities. FSA is currently looking for candidates for Civil Society Afar Project -ETH 1171.
The Livelihood officer will support planning and implementation efforts for Livelihood Activities of the project under their direct supervision by the Project Manager. S/he will provide management and technical support to project staff in improving the livelihoods of the target beneficiaries, monitor progress against plans and report against agreed schedules. The post holder will ensure the project receives technical and operational support to ensure quality programming and intended impact. S/he will support documentation of learning for wider organizational use and will support partnerships and accountability measures at the implementation level.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Ensure that planning and implementation of the project activities are in accordance with the program principles, approaches, and procedures of the organization
- Responsible for the organisation and capacity of the IGA groups.
- Responsible for the monitoring, technical support and mentoring of the IGA groups to enable them to run their businesses sustainably.
- Support the development of a detailed implementation plan (DIP) in accordance with the project proposal
- Conduct monthly field trips, and undertake periodic reviews to follow up on the status of project implementation against DIP
- Provide technical supervision of livelihood activities.
- Support the creation of groups VSLA groups and provide technical support for their viability
- Support project staff in the timely identification of implementation challenges and their resolutions with appropriate strategies
- Coordinate market assessment and market opportunities in the project areas
- Support communication with cooperating agencies and implementing partners on project progress, fund utilization and challenges
- Utilize appropriate management tools and technical guidance in order to achieve intended impact
- Collect, organize, and summarize monthly and quarterly performance reports from project sites
- Monitor the quality and reliability of the reports collected
- Proactively develop and maintains a robust learning platform with all grassroot stakeholders and ensure that good practices are shared widely
- Prepare and maintain up to date information on the capacity building activities, results, and community- based accountability systems of each operational area
- Collect basic information, best practices, case studies and lessons and report to her/his supervisor
- Assist in the preparation of project reports and documents per donor and/or WHH reporting schedules and formats
- Supervise, coach and provide technical support to project staff
- Support delivery of staff capacity development plans and related training
- Ensure productive relationships are established and maintained with all kebele and village level stakeholders
- Closely work with government institutions, CBOs, and communities at kebele and village levels to ensure adequate linkages are established
- Ensure project events are well planned and known about by local stakeholders and concerned community members and beneficiaries
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct including child safeguarding and PSEA Standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
No of Position: 1 (one)
- MSC/BSc Degree in Agriculture, Rural development, Economics or International Development or related field of study
- Minimum of 2 years of experience for MSc and 4 years for BSC in the livelihood sectors project management preferably in humanitarian aid
- Proficiency in verbal and written English, budget planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, report writing
- Proficiency in standard office software package
- Good interpersonal communication skill and ability to effectively liaise with government, community leaders and other stakeholders
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of programming in humanitarian contexts
- Knowledge of local languages
- Skills in organizing and facilitating training events