|Location||Lasta Lalibela, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
1. Responsible for the implementation of the project Preserving and Strengthening Livelihoods Impacted by COVID19 in four kebeles of Lasta-Lalibela woreda, North Wollo Zone
2. Responsible to ensure that the project meets its defined objectives and achieve set targets.
3. In collaboration with the woreda and kebele agriculture staff and project development facilitators, prepare agricultural extension messages that help farmers the continuation of planned extension services while preventing COVID-19
4. Dissemination of market information through notice boards and through mini-media to farmers in collaboration with the woreda sector offices to make informed decisions.
5. Participate /lead in market assessment in towns close to the project kebeles
6. In consultation with stakeholders at woreda and kebele levels, develop criteria for targeting vulnerable households /beneficiaries for seed and input recipient. Provide training on agronomic and improved farming practices and post-harvest technologies using necessary tools of protecting community from COVID-19
7. Closely work with the project team, local communities, CBOs, and local government, and other relevant stakeholders for smooth implementation of the project.
8. In consultation with the woreda health personnel and Health Extension Workers at kebele level, ensure that project activities are implemented in line with the COVID-19 safety guideline and observe the government rules in this regard.
9. Develop a work plan to implement the major activities of the livelihoods impacted by COVID-19 in the target kebele.
10. Ensure equal participation and benefit of women and men during the implementation of project activities
11. Collect information related to COVID-19 and livelihood aspects in the intervention kebeles including actors, services and resources available
12. Develop linkages with relevant stakeholders and evolve their participation with effective use of relevant community based participatory tools.
Masters of Bachelor Degree in plant science, horticulture, rural development, natural resource management, agronomy and other related fields with
Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience for Masters degree and 3 years for bachelor degree
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send only detailed C.V and application letter through Ethiojobs.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will b e contacted
Please include 3 references from current and former employers