|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ZOA works with committed and motivated staff in serving millions of people affected by poverty, disaster, injustice and conflicts. Through the efforts of our dedicated staff, we are able to bring Signs of Hope and to support people who suffer due to armed conflict or natural disasters by helping them to rebuild their livelihoods. ZOA has a zero tolerance to Safeguarding, Child & Adult Safeguarding, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuses.
We value our employees and offer a wide range of benefits to meet the specific needs of our staff and their families.
This position manages the proper implementation of livelihoods and food security projects of ZOA from relief to recovery Gambella program office. Together with program and support team members, he/she will be responsible for the over-all implementation of livelihoods and food security projects and budget management at Gambella region across the refugee camps and host community woredas where ZOA is operational.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of the Position:
- Designs work plan and coordinates implementation of livelihoods and food security interventions for refugees and hosting communities in Gambella regional state.
- Ensures project targets are met according to work plan deadlines, and that the project is adequately resourced to carry out effective programming.
- Regularly review budgets of the projects under his supervision and suggest options for proper and effective utilization budgets if necessary.
- Conducts community assessments to identify critical requirements for program interventions with focus on refugees, internally displaced people and hosting communities.
- Preparing project implementation plans for livelihoods and food security projects.
- Prepare terms of refences for the execution of the planned and approved project activities.
- produce report of the achieved activities on monthly and quarterly bases.
- Build, maintain and strengthen relationships and work with Zonal level UN, gov’t and other officials to ensure smooth implementation of the livelihoods and food security projects and represent ZOA in related sector meetings and taskforces.
- Review existing programming and make recommendations for areas of expansion.
- Conduct assessment to identify project ideas, market viable business and to measure project progress
- Helps in linking all projects with concerned bodies like bureau of regional agriculture, bureau of livestock and fishery, bureau of Environment, forest, and climate change
- Supporting the officers in technical project implementation and giving directions for the responsible officers
- Ensure technical quality and accuracy of all ZOA livelihoods and food security projects
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites to verify quality/progress of the execution of livelihoods and food security and deliver supportive supervision to field staff.
- Plans and implements emergency interventions in beneficiary communities as needed.
- Take the lead on technical proposal writing for livelihoods and food security programmes.
- Undertake assessment and case study reports on some specific best practices and lessons learnt.
- Leading the practical field works through building demonstration sites for agriculture and its expansion
- Performs other related tasks as required by the immediate supervisor
Dealing with Problems:
The Livelihoods and food security coordinator will work with livelihoods and food security team and the Program Coordinator to deal with food security of the project beneficiaries and to provide consistency of reports and get guidance from both sides.
Communications and Working Relationships:
The Livelihoods and food security coordinator will work with all relevant stakeholders, government agencies and internal ZOA departments to ensure the smooth implementation of livelihood and food security related programming of ZOA Gambella Program Office.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Gained through education, training, & experience
Educational Qualification and Experience
- B.A /B.Sc/M.A/M.Sc Degree in General agriculture, Crop production/livestock/fishery, Agricultural Economics, Food security and Nutrition, Social Sciences, and other strongly related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional experience for B.A /B.Sc and 3 years for M.A/M.Sc degrees.
- Experience working with INGO and valid experience in planning and implementing or managing programs and their budgets aimed at increasing cooperation in resource use between groups with a history of violent conflict will be an advantage.
- Experience on agriculture related intervention with the context of refugee, IDP and hosting community
Skills Specific to the Post
- Commitment to the vision and mission of ZOA Relief |Hope| Recovery;
- Excellent understanding of local context preferred; the context of south Sudanese refugees in Gambella.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work in hardship conditions.
- Excellent in all skill of English.
Leadership Attitudes & Behaviors
- Should be able to guide project officers, business development officers, senior officers, assistant officers and social workers under his/her direction to accomplish day-to-day activities.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via ethiojobs.net by sending your CV and a motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position to before the due date
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.