|Location||Tigray, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Organize and Lead Multidisciplinary Emergency teams (15%)
· Lead a multi-disciplinary professional emergency teams consisting of (up to 15 staff) working in the project site such as livelihoods officers and CDFs
· Ensure emergency assessments are effectively undertaken and implement integrated emergency response, recovery and exit strategies in close collaboration with major partners and stakeholders
· Ensure all team members clearly understand and carry out their duties in accordance with personal work-plans, humanitarian principles, core values, the Code of Conduct and SPHERE.
· Work collaboratively in close relation with field, Tigray field office coordinator/manager and concerned CO staffs
· Promote productive work environment respectful of the Code of Conduct with zero tolerance for verbal and physical abuse or discrimination against other persons on the grounds of race, colour, sex or creed.
· Ensure all team members (CDFs) are fully briefed on all aspects of security, social and cultural norms and local conditions and behaviour.
· Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale is strictly observed.
Provide feedback on periodic performance of CDF’s to PC and provide timely feedback to CDFs along with PC.
Managing project budget (5%)
· Provide support for field emergency finance teams in providing financial documents that help for settlement purpose.
Project implementation coordination, monitoring, follow up and reporting (30%)
· Provide leadership in designing, implementing and monitoring sound emergency and recovery livelihood project activities in Plan targeted districts as per the agreed project documents and work plan including income-generating activities, CTP and the provision of livestock and seed inputs;
· Coordinate and lead livelihood & recovery projects during planning, budget preparation, implementation, M&E and timely reporting ensuring quality and standards through enhanced partnership with government and non-government partners zonal, woreda and local levels and also civic organizations including CBOs;
· Coordinate the designing/development of FSL projects and ensure projects are effectively implemented, monitored/reviewed, evaluated and progress and final reports are timely compiled and shared with PC for Tigray for review and then submission to the CO.
Managing relationship and networking with government, partners and other stakeholders (10%)
· Participate in coordination meeting held at Woreda and community levels and provide progresses regarding the project implementation.
· Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGO’s and UN agencies operating in the district, local government, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders including the military where present and if necessary.
· Ensure that sex disaggregated beneficiary data collected and submitted to the PC, and provide required information to PC that help to produce progress report in accordance to the reporting template and within their reporting schedule.
· the reporting template and within their reporting schedule.
Conduct community need assessment before developing projects (10%)
· Coordinate and support local level assessments, surveys and other studies and assist proposal development to finance projects
· Facilitate visits that planned by regional government, CO as well as the donor.
Qualifications/ experience essential:
· BSc in Crop Production and Agronomy, Development studies, Sociology or other related fields is required with a minimum of 3-5 years of related working experience.
· Good managerial experience, including managing budgets
Qualifications and experience desirable
· Equipped with sufficient level of awareness on : Early warning concepts; agriculture, Disaster risk management practice and knowhow; food security and livelihoods framework and Gender,
· Knowledge of Plan policies and procedures, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct
· Knowledge of child rights programming
· Good knowledge of field level realities of humanitarian NGOs work;
· Experience of working in Tigray and speak Local language;
· Knowledge of FSL, CTP, Agriculture, EWS, DRR and DCM;
- The closing date for the application in July 07.2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link http://ethiojobs.net through www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.