|Location||Dima, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 8, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Support the day to day livelihoods activities of the Livelihood team in Dimma
- Conduct the implementation of market-led livelihoods activities among refugee and host community, providing livelihood implementing experience, expertise and knowledge of best-practices
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Programming & Operations
- Contributes to the daily operation with comprehensive knowledge in a specific area
- Support the implementation of livelihoods assessments, gathering quality data and supporting the development of market-led activities
- Deliver market-led livelihoods activities with components of agriculture, business development, cash transfers, private sector engagement, financial inclusion, group enterprise development
- Assist and empower the communities to enable them to manage self-reliance issues by themselves and be able to sustain livelihoods projects.
- Ensure equal participation by all segments of the community, taking into consideration issues regarding gender, age, disability and clan affiliation.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the projects performance, provide timely inputs, feedback and impact of the DRC Livelihoods interventions in Gambella
- Develop and implement surveys and needs assessment in refugee and host community areas in collaboration with field team and other stakeholders.
- Support the coordination of micro-loan services to refugees in the camps, with a focus on vulnerable refugees.
- Support market-led interventions and the development of private sector partnerships
- Deliver training on income generating activities, vocational skills trainings other livelihoods-related fields.
- Support agricultural and related activities in Dimma, Gambella region
- Ensure that DRC’s objectives are disseminated, and that policies and procedures are properly followed.
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on issues related to relevant sector
- Ensure integration of sector activities with other DRC sectors
- Coordinate with sector counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects
- Ensure good representation and reputation of sector at all levels
- Actively participate in internal coordination meeting
- Ensure and actively participate in regular sector meetings
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than April 19, 2020.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.