Livelihoods Programme Manager
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Job Description and personal Specification
Job Title: Livelihoods Programme Manager
Reports to: Head of Program
Emp. Type: 2-year contract with a possibility of extension
Location: Addis Ababa
The successful Livelihoods Programme Manager Provides strategic support on development of programme and policy on Agro ecology, Resilient livelihood and Humanitarian issues of the country program to support high quality programme work, campaigns, research, knowledge, learning and advocacy. Coordinating the Agroecology, Resilient Livelihood programme and supporting LRPs to design and deliver quality projects/programs and assess their impact; provides support throughout the project management cycle. Lead on and provides expert advice to programme work in Resilient livelihood, including facilitating capacity development, knowledge development, sharing and learning.
- Manages and coordinates organization wide Agroecology and Resilient Livelihood programmes/Projects and engagements and provide advice and content on the same
- Lead and Support Clusters/LRPs to design and deliver quality priogramme as per AAE’s strategic priorities, programme framework and Quality.
- Leads and coordinate LRP and national level engagements, programs and projects on Agroecology and Resilient livelihood; prepares and implements Resilient livelihood plans and budget for national and regional level engagements;
- Supports and leads LRPs/Clusters to ensure minimum standards on Resilient livelihood priorities planning and implementation and provides holistic periodical support with department and cross functional team.
- Provides technical support to LRPs/ clusters in Agroecology/ Resilient livelihood issues starting from agreements and ToRs and standardizing the same.
- Actively engages in developing Agroecology/Resilient Livelihood related quality control framework that is relevant to the context and to the programme priority area and ensure such key aspects are integrated/embedded in agreements etc during program implementation
- Facilitates and engages in ActionAid International Agroecology/Livelihood International Platforms (IP) (ensures local to international linkage)
- Supports LRPss/Clusters in rolling out HRBA and Feminist intersectional analysis approaches and also in ensuring minimum standards and core program quality frameworks and engages in evaluations/reviews (in collaboration with other programme staff
- Provides partners support and take part in DA phase in and phase out processes (providing t leadership in in-depth power and poverty assessment during phase in/appraisal and entry phase engagements).
- Participates in providing field monitoring visits and following up actions in respective roles
- Facilitates and take part in networking and building alliance with CSOs that share common purpose and related government institutions for the realization of AAE’s commitment to the Agroecology, climate justice, environment and general livelihood area
MSc in Agriculture, Rural Development and other related discipline. Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Experience in developing, planning and managing Agroecology, livelihood and Humanitarian projects/ programs. Knowledge and experience in participatory methodologies Experience on budget management Experience and commitment to align & work with people living in poverty and particularly women and marginalized/excluded groups. A good knowledge of HRBA programming and Feminist approaches. Excellent verbal and written skills in English. Experience on People Management skill
The deadline is August 15, 2021 Interested applicants should submit their application letter along with recent CV no later than August 15, 2021 via ethiojobs portal or ActionAid Ethiopia P.O. Box 1261 Addis Ababa or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“ActionAid will be conducting safeguarding reference checks on the successful candidate”
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted