|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2022|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental 2qorganizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
Logistic Officer is primarily responsible for the implementation of logistics operations. S/he will ensure that Yabelo office area is functional in administration and logistics, and reported to Hawassa Office to Logistic Coordinator. S/he will assure ceaseless operations through provision of timely, reliable, cost effective and highly efficient administrative and logistical services and support to the project in the area. These services shall include but not limited transport, accommodation, communication, furniture and equipment, office and field supplies, etc. Logistic Officer supervises the effectiveness and efficiency of sub offices logistics and management
Logistic Officer Specific Tasks
- Prepare monthly money request logistic related costs
- Ensure the refilling of fuel for all Vehicles every Friday or based on the need; fuel for generator and avail proper log sheet.
- Monitor the fleet expenditure and report to logistic Coordinator.
- Ensure the functionality of weekly fleet management plan in collaboration with the fleet officer.
- In collaboration with Mechanic and Technical /driver, prepare a car services plan; keep/register all vehicle spare parts include car tire and store properly.
- In collaboration with Purchase officer and Procurement officer, ensure materials are procured and delivered on time
- Responsible for in the management including refilling of fire extinguish and first aid kits for the office, vehicles and guesthouses
- Update and avail security stickers and contact address for each offices and vehicles
- Active gathering of all relevant information, follow-up on security issues, trends and risks in the country in general and in the project locations especially
- Maintenance-overall maintenance, repairs and improvement of offices and guesthouse
- Responsible for management of Yabelo sub-office and GH lease agreements, facilitate termination and handover
- Ensure all staff sign liability of Asset for high and low value of fixed asset
- Conduct regular inventory
- Other activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Organize and coordinate Guest house guards, and cleaners.
- To set and communicate clear and well-understood team PIN or targets
- Manage in Appraisals of the logistics based on the performance and competency
- Maintain a positive attitude and appropriate work environment among the team.
- Professionally supervise GH guards, cleaners, guarders, PIN property and GH compound maintenance and GH services by coordinating the overall logistics management
- Inspect all phases of assets before delivery to ensure compliance with assets checklist and with PIN regulations.
- Prepare progress reports and recommend progress payments for completed work on inspected.
- Prepare and apply monitoring tools and templates with MS software
- Documenting, Daily checklist, work acceptance payments, minutes and other relevant documents.
- Regularly monitor expenditure and recommend solutions that provide the best value for money in accordance with the allocated budget.
- Adhere to PIN internal Financial systems
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems arising on the logistics, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft.
- Prepare reports to be compiled together with log.co. at the end of logistics report for the organization
- Participate in report preparation for logistics/ on regular basis
- Perform other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor and management
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Management, Procurement and Supplies Management and other social science related fields of studies
- Minimum two (2) year and above work experience in logistic and admin related areas.
- Experience with fleet management, warehouse and inventory handling, procurement, Office administration is preferable
- Culturally sensitive, the ability to work in teams/ isolated situation and stressful environments and under pressure of meeting deadlines
- Knowledge about core humanitarian standards
- Previous working experience in the INGO environment
- Computer friendly (Word, excel, power point, outlook etc)
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English, and knowledge on local language Afan Oromo is advantageous
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked/contacted)