|Location||Kemeshi/Metekel, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships. Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Log/Admin Officer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s logistics policies and procedures at office level
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements in all procedures and processes
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in -procurement, vehicle management, asset management)
- Training and development of logistics team at office level
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Prepare, check and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists)
- Implement a filing system/archives according to procedures
- Supervision of works for payment satisfaction
- Conduct spot checks
- Conduct periodic stock counts
- Ensuring maximum fleet efficiency and effectiveness through planned resources allocation and maintenance in accordance to NRC transport guidelines and manufactures recommendations.
- Ensuring that all NRC transport is handled within the NRC policies, and that a monthly car pool report is produced, with full analysis of fuel consumption and maintenance issues to manage the fleet in the most cost effective way
- Ensuring maximum availability and implementation control mechanisms for all logistical assets (generators, vehicles)
- Compiling the monthly transport report, and analyzing monthly maintenance costs, and fuel consumption, using the report to make recommendations on vehicle status, and overall fleet planning.
- Ensuring that the Fleet Management System (FMS) is up to date and generate the required reports and ensure necessary management action and follow-up as required.
- Ensure contracts for vehicle hires are active and professionally managed, in coordination with management.
- Ensure vehicles hired are in a sound working condition and transport needs for staffs are met.
- Install communication system (telephone and e-mail) for NRC and keep it maintained
- Establishing and maintaining a system to ensure that minimum stocks are held for spare parts to reduce service and repair lead time, in coordination with stores staff
- Ensuring that NRC transport teams meet all project needs
Warehousing and Asset Management
- Ensuring that all items moving through stores are handled in accordance with NRC policies and procedures, in a timely and efficient manner. Establishment, operation and control of warehouse management and stock inventory in accordance to NRC warehouse guidelines
- Ensuring that an accurate monthly stock report is produced and shared with all projects to facilitate the use of items in stock and accurate monthly asset register is produced and shared with all projects to facilitate donor reporting and tracking of assets
- Record and maintain asset list for all the equipment, computers, furniture, vehicles etc. Regularly update inventory list of all NRC equipment (office and residences)
- Ensuring that all maintenance needs are met in a timely manner, with high quality works.
Personnel and Security
- Ensuring that all staff are appropriately briefed on key aspects of logistics and NRC security protocols so as to improve the service provided by logistics, and the communication between teams
- Line manage logistics Assistant and ensure a motivated, dynamic, result focused team, with clear roles and responsibilities, by providing support, direction and clear decision making on all logistics issues
- Give advice to the Area manager concerning the job performance evaluations of logistics staff.
- Handling problems arising within logistics teams, and provide creative solutions, working within NRC policies.
- Be the link between logistics unit in Addis Ababa and the logistics manager on all matters related to the department
- Ensure there is consistent security information sharing attendance in the Assosa Area Security team meeting lead by the UNHCR
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
- 2 year of INGO experience is a plus
- Experience from working as a Logistics Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the local context
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by April 16, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”