Logistics & Administrative Assistant
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
I. JOB SUMMARY:
Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia is looking for an experienced and dynamic Logistics and Administrative Assistant to perform administrative and logistics tasks for the Integrated Youth Activity (IYA). The position is based in the Addis Ababa Country Office with travel to project areas as necessary.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Logistics and Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and logistics support, will be responsible for maintaining the office premises, offer logistics & procurement support and maintain the filing system. The Logistics and Administrative Assistant will report to the HR & Administrative Managers, and will be responsible for the overall function of Admin and Logistics for the IYA project.
· Provide general administrative support to IYA staff; responsible for all the appointments, travel arrangements of IYA key personnel and occasionally for other IYA staff
· Ensure that all HR related documents, contract agreement, annual leave and other documents are filed properly
· Ensure all staff timely complete time sheet and all leave records using the ERP system, and share the report with the HR & Admin Manager on a monthly basis
· Record all incoming and outgoing letters and documents; draft internal and external communications and receive and guide visitors to the office
· Arrange meetings, workshops and events; and provide necessary administrative and logistics support to staff
· Responsible for the daily use and operation of the office meeting room, and IYA’s common equipment and facilities
· Keep proper record of all emergency numbers for both external and internal staff members.
· Ensure that all security measures have been taken at office level and in vehicles.
· Responsible for handling minor repairs in the office
· Handle petty cash
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with IYA staffs and partners.
Travel and transportation responsibility
· Arrange air tickets and booking accommodations for IYA project staff and visitors; responsible for field visit processing for staff and visitors
· Lead car rental and car arrangement for IYA staff as requested
· Ensure that drivers are well trained and first aid boxes etc. are up to date in all vehicles.
· Prepare weekly/monthly vehicle movement plans and make the arrangement
· Perform monthly logistics reports and other requirements
· Implement Projects Logistics plan developed by IYA Project
· Conduct all procurement and logistic activities in the projects with adherence to Amref’s and donor’s policies and procedures. Prepare reports on all procurement & logistics issues and report to the HR & Admin Manager
· Manage regular inventory (monthly, quarterly, yearly) for assets stored within the project
· Ensure timely delivery of procured supplies and materials. Track procurement status, payments and warehouse work and report regularly to the HR & Admin Manager
· Provide assistant in any logistic issues to IYA’s team members
· Undertake other duties as requested by HR & Admin Manager
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelors in social sciences, business administration or related fields
· Minimum of three years’ experience in logistics and administration function
· Experience in office support; knowledge of modern office machines and procedures
· Good communication and writing skills in English & Amharic.
· Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with teams
· Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Windows, Word and Excel.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and networking skills.
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through Etrecruitment@amref.org, ethiojobs.com or to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is September 26, 2021. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Ø Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Ø Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and application.
Ø Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.