|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Logistics & Procurement Officer is responsible to work closely with Country Logistics & Procurement department, as well as field based staff and finance for the procurement of all materials and services required for SP Ethiopia (SPE)programs and reports to the logistics Manager. The position will liaise with the rest of the team for procurement and operations to ensure all procedures and procurement guidelines are in place and followed.
· Implement purchasing and sourcing of purchase Items from suppliers with transparent accountability, efficiency and cost effectiveness. By meeting the six rights of supply (price, right time, and right quantity, quality services to the required places &from the most cost effective source).
· Well understood Procurement process of SP and implement well.
· Facilitate processes required for Logistics’ Procurement to include maintain procurement database, receiving and distribution of procured materials, supervise buyers and assign daily purchase duties, coordination with IHQ for International orders, coordination of transport of imported materials within country.
· Completing procurement transaction and payment and prepare electronic documentation for all purchases as per SP Documentation requirement.
· Compile Suppliers data base like a suppliers background, capabilities, and integrity
· Understand Internalize SP FOG and Procurement Policy.
· Provide relevant logistical data to management to support operational needs and the program development process.
· Provide procurement planning support to the program staff as required.
· Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
· Attend daily monitoring devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, it is donors and volunteers. (Although this is not required of staff who are not believers, but encouraged.)
· Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries and the public.
· Other duties assigned.
Education / Experience Needed
· Preferred degree in logistics, supply chain management, purchasing management, Business management, Marketing management, or related field.
· Minimum of Five Years’ Experience in a similar setup preferably INGO/NGO.
· Excellent Computer skills like Excel, Word and related and other software desired.
· Excellent Verbal/written & oral communication skill in English.
· Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way.
· Well-developed organized and planning skill.
· Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
· Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
interested applicants can send ONLY updated CV (maximum of 3 pages) and application letter (one Page only) no later than August 18,2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, '' Logistics and Procurement Officer "