|Location||Debre Brhan, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Logistics Manager will schedule shipments, provide leadership to our warehouse team and strive to keep transportation costs low. He / She will manage logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
• Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
• Create policies or procedures for logistics activities
• Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
• Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, training or safety records.
• Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, or customer issues.
• Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
• Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
• Negotiate transportation rates or services.
• Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
• Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
• Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
• Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
• Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
• Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
• Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
• Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
• Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
• Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
· Driving License (Preferable)
· Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
· Team player
· Good time-management skills
· Great interpersonal and communication skills
· BA degree in Procurement and Supply Management, Logistics and Supply Chain, Business Management, Business Administration or related fields.
· 6 years of experience in logistic activities out of which 2 years in managerial/supervisory position.
Candidates meeting the above-required qualifications are invited to send their CV through email@example.com
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: August 16, 2020