|Location||Sekota, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Contract |
As a registered charity, founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger operates in 50+ countries. The international network of Action Against Hunger is represented in France, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, USA and India. Teams in the field combat hunger on 04 fronts: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS).
About Action Against Hunger-USA
Action Against Hunger-USA is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children and we enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 8,000 staff in over 45 countries, our programs reached 21 million people in 2018.
About the Country Program in Ethiopia
Action Against Hunger has been operational in Ethiopia since 1984 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sectoral strategy where Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Mental Health and Care Practices are integrated to have a meaningful impact on people’s resilience.
Action Against Hunger currently operates in 5 different regions with an anticipated 2020 yearly portfolio of 20m USD of emergency and resilience building programs, research and innovation. We have a country team of about 560 staff working out of 18 field offices across Ethiopia. Our main donors in Ethiopia are ECHO, Europaid, UNHCR, OFDA, BPRM, SIDA, EHF, WFP and others.
We are currently looking for the following professional:
Summary of position
Implement the Logistics policies and procedures per KitLog in the Base to ensure effective performance of the Base Logistics Department and provide the best possible support to the Base Program teams while maintaining clear communication/reporting with Field Coordinator and Country Logistics Manager.
The Logistics Officer role’s purpose, engagement and delivery is:
1. Purpose (The substantive focus of the job encompassing scope, depth and difficulty of work both conceptual and applied)
- Receive, Centralize and Process the PLs at the Base level
- Prepare, Review and Consolidate PD files at the Base level
- Prepare Payment Orders and ensure payment follow up to suppliers
- Overall Fleet and Security Guards Management
- Ensure timely Procurement Follow up tool update and sharing
- Provide Capacity Building/Training (including LINK and KitLog) for teams in the Base
- Provide support in preparation of LOG documents needed for Audits
- Prepare and Compile Base Logistics Reports on monthly basis
- Ensure Logistics Documents archiving is done monthly
- Additional Responsibilities requested by the Line Manager [Direct and Technical]
2. Engagement: (The focus of interaction both internally and externally needed to deliver a service seek collaboration and build effective partnerships)
- Prepare and collect quotation request(s) from supplier(s) (whenever its needed) and make sure to follow proper procedures in collaboration with Purchaser
- Preparing of Purchase Dossiers (AT, SPO, AF, contract, etc).
- Responsible for Base Contract Management
- Organize and follow the delivery of requested items in collaboration with Purchaser and Logistics Assistant
- Ensure the reception of the goods/items to the warehouse and the distribution to the requester
- Provide general logistics training (LINK and KitLog), and refresher training at the Base according to plan and/or upon request from the CLM and FC
- Carry out market surveys in bases upon CLM and FC request and in collaboration with Roving Logistics Manager
- Prepare and analyse monthly Logistics report of the Base before the 5th of each month, in good quality and with attention to details
- Provide constructive feedback to the Base Logistics and Program teams as per KitLog standard
- Participate in the Base new budget preparation and forecasting procurement/supplies in collaboration with Roving Logistics Manager and provide the final draft to FC and CLM for validation
- Follow and monitor the day-to-day fleet activities in collaboration with the Logistics Assistant
- Prepare and place payment orders/SPO to suppliers and do the procurement when Purchaser is away
- Ensure the quality of PDs files before submission to finance
- Ensure effectiveness of the payments with the necessary documentation and as per defined contract terms and conditions
- Settle the cash advances with Administration as per rules
- Establish and maintain up to date Supplier list and price catalogue in collaboration with purchaser.
- Lead the preparation of Base Project Procurement Plan (PPP) and Supply Plan (SP) during the process of proposal development in consultation with the program teams
- Archive all procurement documents as per Action Against Hunger archiving procedure
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Line Manager
3. Delivery: (The focus on the execution of the work and the role on the team for supporting business/operational functions in terms of timeliness and quality)
- Ensure timely tasks delivery with attention to the quality as per PoA, KitLog and LINK
I. Supervisory Responsibilities
Direct Management: Purchaser – Logistics Assistants
Overall Management: Security Guards - Drivers
II. Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, colour, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
III. Fiscal Responsibility
- Ensure the utilization of allocated budget in timely manner and per Action Against Hunger procedures
IV. Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
V. Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- College Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain and related fields from a recognized educational institution
Required Skills & Competencies
If you are interested, please send your application composed of: none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Logistics Officer_Waghimra” written in the subject line, and three references, applicants to the following addresses:
Action Against Hunger – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 2357, or directly In Person to Action Against Hunger Addis Ababa office around Dembel, Washington DC square to Mayor Muriel Bowser Street, Wollega – Gimbi, Gambella, Waghimra – Sekota, Hararghe - Harar, Borena – Yabello and Somali Gode offices,
“Women Applicants Are Highly Encouraged”
NB: Only short listed applicants will be communicated on and selection process includes technical test and an interview.