|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Infinity Advanced Technology Solutions P.L.C. (IATS) is a leading medical and IT equipment distributor and technical service provider in Ethiopia. Currently the company needs to hire a qualified personnel for the following vacancy:
Position: Logistics Officer
Summary of the job:
Logistics Officer is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as warehousing, inventory, transportation, and supply chain processes. Logistics Officer typically supervise a team of warehouse staff or other logistics specialists. Manage logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations. The Logistics Officer supervises the movement, distribution and storage of supplies and materials in the company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
· Supervise logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
· Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
· Respond to any issues or complaints.
· Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
· Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
· Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
· Set team’s objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
· Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
· Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
· Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered
· Ensure materials are appropriately stored
· Program the final inventory of materials prior to shipment
· Provide a list of all equipment moved from the consolidation areas into sponsor shipping channels to project coordinators
· Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid supply
· Make sure all PFIs for a given contract are submitted to the bank for FCY approval
· Make sure all PFIs have a pre import permit
· TT/LC/CAD processing
· Equipment and spare part shipment follow up
· Customs clearing follow up
· Application to ERPA and notifying the IB back to ERPA
· Responsible to make sure declaration is release from customs
· Responsible to make sure refundable deposit will be returned
· Responsible to make sure supporting letters for temporary imports are collected prior to shipment
Education: Bachelor or Masters Degree in supply chain management, operations, logistics, business administration,
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred,
· Prior experience of working in logistics/supply chain/transportation function within the medical sector with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures
· Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export and customs regulations, including security requirements to include certification in dangerous goods handling and aviation security
· High degree of knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing and automotive processes and components and of supply chain management
Strong IT systems knowledge and skills
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV and credentials by or before July 03, 2021 via Email: email@example.com or hand delivery to the company’s office located in Bole Sub-City behind Friendship City Center next to Jupiter Hotel; or Alem Building Infinity HR Office.
Note: - Please make sure you mention the vacancy title and attach application (motivation) letter, CV and educational credentials. Applications without these will not be considered.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.