|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 29, 2019|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
First Consult is a consulting firm in Ethiopia specializing in delivering effective and business-oriented solutions for development, business, strategy, human resources, finance and investment problems and needs of its clients.
In addition to Business Development Services, transaction advisory, development consulting and investment services, First Consult offers training and capacity building to organisations and individuals on various professional skill areas.
First Consult is currently seeking to hire the following personnel:
The Logistics Officer will provide operational and logistic support to the organization working closely with the operations and project team to ensure the smooth running of logistics operations.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with drivers to ensure travel schedules (within Addis and field)
- Ensure program transport needs are met (including completion of travel advances for drivers), vehicle maintenance schedules, fuel consumption records, etc
- Assist in the selection of vehicles for long and short-term rental contracts
- Driving staff for work activities as required
- Delivering letters and documents, collecting quotations on behalf of the company
- Assisting with logistics arrangaments for staff
- Comply with operational procedures in all activities, including procurement
- Maintaining that company vehicles are in good working order and ensuring that they are cleaned, serviced and maintained as per the Organization’s requirements
- Other similar tasks as needed
- Valid 3rd grade Ethiopian license
- Minimum 8+ years driving experience
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written English and Amharic communication skills
- Knowledge of other local language is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong working relationship
- Ability to analyze problems and make sound operational decisions
- Negotiation and decision making skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post mentioned before October 30, 2019, 5PM EAT through email email@example.com clearly writing the position they are applying for in the Subject line.