WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 2, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Main Job Purpose
We are looking for a reliable logistics manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. Logistics manager responsibilities include organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Ensure availability of all imported materials
- Maintain stock levels of ordered materials as per the agreed stock norms
- Help in achieving the supply chain objectives of reducing working capital and supplying the demand at the lowest cost
- Raise Purchase orders and call offs to suppliers based on planned requirements.
- Follow-up on supplier confirmation of Purchase Orders and shipments.
- Monitor shipments of all imported materials and act when necessary to ensure timely arrival of material on site, thereby avoid disruption to production plans.
- Co-ordinate with Internal Logistics to ensure availability of all imported materials at BUL
- Establish requirements of specified packaging materials both local and imported based medium-term requirements. Place purchase orders and issue call offs according to Production Schedules.
- Liaise with Suppliers on rejected materials or short shipped consignments.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- 3-4 years’ experience in logistics, transportation and distribution management
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
Applicants who fulfill the above criteria can apply through the below link before the deadline.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted