|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Inter religious council of Ethiopia is an umbrella organization made up of seven major religious institutions found in Ethiopia, namely the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahdo Church (EOTC), the Ethiopian Islamic Affairs Supreme Council (EIASC), the Ethiopian Catholic Church (ECC), the Evangelical Church Fellowship of Ethiopia (ECFE), the Ethiopian Seventh Day Adventist Church (ESDAC), the Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus (EECMY) and the Ethiopian Kale Hiwot Church (EKH). It was established as an independent and registered entity in 2010 and it has been certified by the then Ministry of Federal Affairs; now Ministry of Peace. Its objective includes promotion and systemization of inter-faith learning, collaboration and synergy to address issues of common concern such as peace building, conflict transformation and inter-faith dialogue. It also mainstreams the crosses cutting issues in all its development strategies such as HIV/AIDS, Human Trafficking, Climate change, and different harmful practices (Child marriage, FGM, GBV and domestic violence, etc.). Therefore, IRCE is the only institution of its kind in the country that promotes peace, culture of dialogue and enhances social wellbeing based on shared and common values of religious teachings.
IRCE has been awarded a grant by USAID Ethiopia to implement PEPFAR’s Faith based Retention and Adherence Initiative for 23 months based on availability of funding and performance. The grant intends to strengthen organizational capacity by the recipient and, concurrently, deliver strategic HIV advocacy, communication and social mobilization (ACSM) to faith-based audiences in close collaboration with the Government of Ethiopia in PEPFAR geographic focusing areas.
Therefore, IRCE seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to provide technical leadership and strategic direction for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for the implementation of this USAID funded project. The incumbent of the position will report the project director.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) specialist will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the project. The incumbent of the position will work closely with the project team to design, implement and supervise the program’s M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into program implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. The M&E Specialist is responsible for documenting and disseminating program successes and lessons learned.
Roles and Responsibilities
Setting up the system: 35%
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) to capture project performance and results, including routine service delivery data reporting, baseline and end line assessments, and all monitoring for process and outcome evaluations
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for the program that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project work plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Provide leadership and direction on M&E to ensure the program achieves its goals and corresponding objectives and target
- Conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of periodic supportive supervision with stakeholders and PEPFAR partners
- Organize review meetings with relevant government and PEPFAR partners to discuss on findings and develop an improvement plan
- Nurture strategic M&E relationships and alliances with other USAID projects and represent M&E activities as necessary.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators
- Coordinate all M&E capacity-building activities with project staff, and ensure that the effect of each capacity building activity is documented
- Responsible for the establishment of quality improvement team, plan and adoption of quality improvement guideline
- Implementation of M&E and coordination: 35%
- At all levels, ensures that data is properly collected and that each indicator is appropriate to measure its corresponding result(s);
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits;
- Responsible for timely reporting of designated milestones including via U.S. government’s DATIM system on PEPFAR indicators per the timeline
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings. DATIM
- Ensures that the project output and outcome tracked during the implementation and makes all the necessary course corrections in a timely manner
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- Recommend to the project director and technical staff on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Oversees and is responsible for the collection, accurate representation, and reporting of data
Communication and Knowledge Management: 30%
- Reviews M&E findings & best practices and disseminates information to relevant USAID/PEPFAR stakeholders to facilitate evidence-based planning, learning and informed decision-making;
- Produces reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Uses platforms and facilitate monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Reporting to: Project Director
Place of Work: IRCE Head Office
Number of Position: (01)
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s Degree in M&E, Social Science or related field from recognized university,
- Minimum 7 and 5 years of professional experience for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree respectively out of which 3 years in M&E position
- Responsible for implementing M&E activities of similar projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight
- Excellent written and spoken command of English
Knowledge and Skills
- Considerable knowledge of principles, techniques and methodologies used in the monitoring and evaluation of programmes and projects including quantitative, qualitative and participatory approaches and socio-economic research
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and statistical software.
- Ability to develop the overall framework for project monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to compile and analyse data and prepare comprehensive reports.
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their application letter and C.V, within Ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to: Human Resources, Inter-Religious Council of Ethiopia
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.