|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
Production / Manufacturing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
WP Medical Supplies is one of the first medical supply companies in the country, manufacturing PPE in Africa for Africa.
Our team is recruiting machine operators to join the founding team in Addis Ababa.
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks:
- Set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. At the start of each shift, they should carry out an inspection of the machine operative parts under their responsibility prior to operation to ensure the machine is in correct working order and set-up in-line with product design specifications, where required carrying out and documenting any adjustments to settings and/or part changes identified as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
- The machine operator should be able to read and interpret design specifications/diagrams to ensure correct set-up guidelines and operating settings are secure to manufacture product to the correct specification
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment start-up and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Sets up and operates the production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
- Communicate with team members to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Strictly follow company health and safety regulations as outlined in the Health and Safety policy.
- Maintain high housekeeping and sanitation standards at all times.
The Machine Operator should:
- Educated to high school diploma or its equivalent
- Ideally have 2+ years previous experience as a machine operator.
- Have knowledge of working in a manufacture environment, including the practices and procedures.
- Be able to follow instructions and adhere to the Company’s established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Knowledge of Production Procedures
- Ability to Read product blueprints and Manuals
- Attention to Detail
- Physical Stamina and Strength
- Handle Heavy Equipment
- Work Independently
Interested and qualified applicants can send your CV through the following email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted