|Location||Kombolcha, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the job
Under close supervision of the workshop chief, the machinist will set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of good mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and
- Vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders, etc.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications,
- using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order
- to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in the preparation of machinery work.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display the placement of cuts.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to
- determine the need for adjustments or repairs.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Install repaired parts into equipment or install new equipment.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Dismantle machines or equipment, using hand tools and power tools, in order to examine parts for defects and
- replace defective parts where needed.
- Submit different section work report to immediate supervisor and other concerned sections.
- Must respect and maintain machines safeties
- Responsible for own safety and the safety of others in the work area; must adhere to all safety policy and accident prevention compliance programs.
- Wear all required P.P.E. Protective clothing must be worn during production and cleanup.
- Perform any other related tasks as required ordered by immediate supervisor & concerned person of the company.
- Working knowledge of tools, equipment, techniques used in maintenance work.
- An ability to read drawings and produce high standard materials with minimal supervision
- Have the ability to work under pressure when required
- Ability to monitor and review information from materials and events,
- Ability to develop, design, or creating new applications, ideas.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Capable of Service, repair, adjust, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical principles.
Expected Education and Experience
- Grade 10+3 up to Grade 11+12: 1 to 2 years experience
Qualified candidates should submit your application only through ethiojobs.net