WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Trócaire works in partnership with local organisations in developing countries, and with people in Ireland, to tackle the root causes of poverty and injustice. Together, we create positive and lasting change.
- Trócaire works in up to 20 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
- We have 5 Goals: Defend Human Rights; Achieve Climate & Environmental Justice; Ensure Women & Girls’ Protection, Voice & Influence; Saving Lives and Protecting Human Dignity and Mobilise the Public on the island of Ireland to achieve Global Justice.
- Our work is rooted in Catholic Social Teaching and in our values of Solidarity, Courage, Participation, Perseverance and Accountability.
- For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
- The role is expected to support different programme locations either remotely or deployed, deployment durations will vary and would be up to a maximum of 9 months continuously over a 12-month period. If a role is deployed to a country where R&R applies this will also be available to the surge role to manage rest and recuperation. Surge roles will have up to 8 weeks annual leave that can be used between deployments.
- Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- While key duties and responsibilities will be deployment dependent; they are likely to cover the following areas:
• Provide strategic vision and direction for the country programme based on existing strategy
• Model the behaviours and values expected of Trócaire staff and expressed in our Strategic Framework.
• Work with and support the Country Management Team as required.
• Lead on in-country networking and representation with government, donors, NGOs, INGOs, networks and the Catholic Church / Caritas.
• Provide leadership and foster collaboration with other actors (NGOs, INGOs,UN agencies, donors, networks, host government etc.) in order to increase networking & opportunities for collaboration.
• Lead on advocacy at a country level and on defining advocacy messages for use internationally.
• Manage country programmes in line with organisational policies and procedures, and with external standards.
• Provide support to programme staff in the ongoing delivery of their work including the development of programmes, reports and funding applications.
• Provide support for effective delivery and monitoring of grants in line with donor commitments.
• Provide leadership to teams to be deployed to an onset emergency.
• On-going development and management of the funding strategy for the country programme.
• Maintaining an awareness of the current and potential future economic, political and social situation within the country and region.
Security & Safeguarding
• Overall responsibility for security management: ensuring that the security situation is reviewed constantly, security plans are in place and updated as necessary, and that staff are aware of security procedures and comply with them.
• As required, lead and/or support incident management and Crisis management as per security policies and country level protocols.
• Management of visits/visitor requirements and pre-travel security briefings
• Ensure safeguarding policies are adhered to and that complaints handling mechanisms are in place and operational whilst directly manage sensitive complaint with the support of the Head of Safeguarding.
Staff Management, Finance, Logistics & Systems
• Provide general management support to direct reports. including ensuring performance management is undertaken, staff development opportunities identified and on the job training and support provided as required and as relevant.
• Ensure that support systems (IT, Finance, HR/Administration, Salesforce & Agresso) are in place and functioning in accordance with good practice and organisational policy and procedures.
• Overseeing the HR function within the country programme and ensuring that policies and procedures reflect global policies.
Portfolios and Divisional projects support
• Support across different thematic portfolios: Fragile and Conflict Affected Countries, Human Rights, Climate & Gender.
• When not deployed overseas or providing remote surge support the operational division with ongoing projects
• Strengthening/developing systems;
• KPI revisions;
• HR projects;
• Progressing policy development;
• Support to other items/issues that the Director of the International Division (DoID) and the Heads of Portfolio (HoPs) do not always have time to progress but which are essential to enhance country operations.
Communication and organisational engagement
• Ensure regular communication with the relevant Heads of Portfolio or surge manager when deployed.
• Maintain ongoing communication with relevant organisational function managers including programmes, finance, humanitarian and security, while on deployment.
Behavioural Competencies in Line with Trócaire’s Competency Framework
• Leading: Reflecting our values of Participation & Accountability, acts to inspire and lead others to achieve their potential, demonstrating Trócaire’s values with integrity in order to achieve our organisation’s objectives.
• Communicating: Reflecting our value of Participation, being one organisation, communicating clearly and transparently across, teams, units, divisions, locations and other external organisations. Getting our message across with impact.
• Collaborating: Reflecting our values of Participation & Solidarity, partnering effectively as One Trócaire organisation and, in solidarity, maintains positive relationships built on trust and respect.
• Stewardship of Resources: Reflecting our value of Accountability and decision-making around the best use of resources. Using our resources transparently, sustainably, ethically, fairly & with integrity; acknowledging Trócaire’s reputation in the use of resources.
• Delivering Results: Reflecting our values of Accountability & Perseverance, getting a quality job done through effective performance, planning and decision making.
• Continual Improvement & Learning: Reflecting our values of Participation & Courage, constantly looking to learn and develop self, employees, and partners to better fulfil Trócaire’s’ mission.
Person Specification – Essential Requirements
• Third level qualification in International Studies, Social or Political Science, Business/ Public Administration, Economics or related field of study.
• A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in the management of development and humanitarian programmes (admin, finance, HR management, security management etc.).
• In-depth understanding of programming in a partnership model.
• Sound and up to date knowledge of development and humanitarian concepts, methodologies and techniques.
• Experience of working to attract institutional donor funding and of managing large and complex donor grants.
• Solid experience of managing teams in a multi-cultural, pressurised environments and playing a leadership role in ensuring cohesiveness, inclusion, and development of staff at all levels.
• Experience of working across different contexts and functions in previous roles.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to develop and implement clear organisational strategies and programmes.
• Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining High Performing teams.
• Demonstrated ability to manage security in challenging environments.
• Highly organised, with excellent planning, prioritisation and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and financial systems across multiple countries.
• Communication and Influencing Skills (including written, verbal and presentation skills, emotional intelligence, and teamwork/collaboration).
• Demonstrated ability to operate under pressure and to maintain personal resilience in a demanding role.
• Fluency in English required.
• A strong commitment to a social justice agenda.
• Flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing contexts.
• Understanding of and an empathy with the role of the Catholic Church in development and humanitarian work.
• Ability and willingness to travel / be deployed internationally and to hard ship locations at short notice.
Person Specification – Desirable
• Knowledge of Trócaire and familiarity with our systems & operating model.
• Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic.