|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This role will support a portfolio of existing and new investments across that spectrum, with a significant focus on our youth centred investments in Ethiopia. We are seeking an individual with skills and experience in SBCC, preferably but not exclusively in the SRH space, to complement the team’s capabilities, and to be a organisational wide as well as Africa team resource in this area, including its application to an imminent portfolio of investments in Demographic Transition.
The purpose of the role to support effective management of existing investments to engage and empower youth in making informed choices and increase demand for SRH products services and behaviours. Also to establish and maintain effective relationships with grantees, government and other partners, monitoring grantee performance and providing critical analysis of programme successes and bottlenecks.
The successful candidate will provide support in building the pipeline of new investment opportunities, provide administrative and knowledge management support to the team and provide liaison support with Government of Ethiopia counterparts to facilitate collaborative programme implementation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Candidates will bring knowledge and understanding of the social dynamics in sub-Saharan Africa, having studied, lived or worked in the region.
- Ability to write and present articulately, and to distil complex information and data into compelling non-technical arguments.
- Strong project management skills (due diligence, planning and execution), and experience relevant for investment design, including presentation of complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Professional experience in one or more of the following: Social Behaviour Change Communication programme design and execution, Human-Centered Design, Social marketing or social entrepreneurship and Private sector partnerships for service delivery
- A track record of shaping, negotiating and delivering effective partnerships.
- Working knowledge of impact measurement and tools to monitor and evaluate performance.
- Significant relevant work experience within the Ethiopian context.
- Experience working and collaborating with government agencies, not-for-profit or donor organisations.
- Business development experience (e.g. proposal development for institutional funders).
- Knowledge of landscape for adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights, in sub-Saharan Africa.
- A Masters-level degree in a relevant specialism would be an advantage.
If you meet the following critreria, please apply now by your CV. Deadline for this postion is Wednesday 15th April 2020