|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 7, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Manager (Child Health) will coordinate/provide programme management support to high quality integrated portfolio of investments in maternal and child health, focussing on the health and nutrition portfolio, to deliver the organisations sector team priorities and meet the corporate objectives of the Board.
If you meet the following criteria, please apply now by your CV. Deadline for this position is Saturday 18th April 2020.
Strategy & planning
Prepare and present high quality applicable analysis, research and political economy perspectives to deliver on The Organisation's Africa strategy.
Programme management and coordination
- Collaborate with portfolio managers in adolescent and deworming
- Conduct regular reviews of the progress and performance of The Organisation's Africa Childhood portfolio
- Provide input to an active pipeline of potential investments
- Lead the design of programmes, identification of appropriate grantees and commissioning of programmes
- Work closely with government, development partners, and private sector stakeholders on programme-related matters at federal and regional levels.
- Work to create influence on key The Organisations priorities working within government systems, policies of government agencies, private sector organizations or donor organisations.
- Identify synergies and actively encourage integration across programmes, substantively and geographically.
- Apply agreed due diligence and risk management protocols appropriately
- Participate in technical working groups and donor forum groups relevant to The Organisations investments.
- Engage with various Directorates within the Federal Ministries other government ministries as appropriate.
- Participate in Project Steering Committees, where appropriate.
Sector Knowledge and Profile Building
Keep abreast of developments within the African Governments and international development sectors, establishing appropriate information gathering networks and channels to deepen internal knowledge and skills and share with colleagues working on Africa
Qualifications & Experience
- A strong knowledge and experience with the local health system.
- Educated to master’s level or equivalent in a relevant specialism; public health background desirable.
- Proven ability and experience in programme management
- Demonstrable experience in analysis and due diligence; policy, planning and programme delivery, including field experience, all within the development sector.
- Knowledge of the evidence bases pertaining to programme design and implementation.
- Experience with Nutrition, NTDs, Maternal, Child and Adolescent health preferred
- Ability to speak and write articulately about programmes for children and gain credibility with a variety of audiences.
- An innovative thinker with a pragmatic and solution-oriented mind-set
- Strong partnership building and influencing skills
- Belief in the importance of evidence-based decision making
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Excellent Amharic and English written and oral communication skills, knowledge of other local languages an advantage.