|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Africa Insurance Company (S.C) is a privately owned professional Insurance Company which provides reliable and quality general and long term insurance products and services in the best interests of existing and potential customers at a competitive price. The Company was established in 1994, in accordance with the Provisions for the Licensing and Supervision of Insurance Business, Proclamation No. 86/1994 and the Commercial Code of Ethiopia.
Africa Insurance Company (S.C.) would like to invite competent and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the over-all engineering activities of the company.
- Handle both pre and post risk survey in line of the Company’s policies and procedural guidelines.
- Advises the Top Management in all matters related to pre- and post risk surveying and in all matters of technical nature.
- Ensures that physical inspection of risks has been done to determine the magnitude of risks and their financial values.
- Devise mechanisms together with concerned work units to tackle over and under insurance of properties.
- Conducts a periodic surveillance of the price of spare parts.
- Formulates policies, working procedures and directives concerning engineering and inspection aspects.
- Investigates and verifies claim notifications against documental evidences and policy conditions.
- Advises on whether it is financially worthy to have damaged properties repaired or compensate the client the full market value.
- Sets standard criteria for the selection of well equipped and organized garages and participates in the selection process.
- Carries close follow-ups on the repair /maintenance of damaged properties and reports on irregularities calling corrections.
- Co-operates with external surveyors in all times they are called or appointed to carry an independent survey.
- MSc/BSc Degree in Mechanical /Civil or Auto Mechanic Engineering
- 10/12 Years Relevant Work Experience of Which at least 4 Years in Managerial Positions