Manager, Import & Export
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the Job: To provide an excellent service by (I)coordinating business transactions involving import from or export goods to foreign countries, (II) ensuring that the shipment adheres to customs regulations, (III) tracing shipments and work with clients on reducing duties owed.
Key Result Areas:
- Deliver user-focused services.
- Develop strong control and follow – up.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares financial and regulatory reports required by law and regulations.
- Maintain control and ensure regulations to all import and export processes and monitor work according to corporate and local policies and evaluate all new custom requirements.
- Supervise everyday operations according to standard procedures.
- Assist to obtain all required import permits and export licenses for all processes.
- Lead and coordinate with marketing and sourcing department to establish an efficient export classification and prepare tariff schedule.
- Provide an efficient interface with freight forwarders and administer all freight logistics and provide optimal level of customer services and maintain records of all entry.
- Perform all record keeping processes and maintain records of all entry.
- Evaluate all items for import and ensure accuracy in all values and collaborate with customer brokers to provide clearance of all imports and maintain documents.
- Lead and perform audit on all import and export files on regular basis.
- Monitor and provide response to all custom inquiries and requests and obtain required product certifications for all export and import products for custom clearance.
- Collaborate with various departments and obtain all certification documents and ensure compliance to all import and export policies and perform regular audits on all broker activities.
Sector/ Function : Import & Export Section
Department : Operation
Division : Import & Export Section
Reporting To : Operation CEO
Duty Station : Head Office
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related fields with six (6) years of demonstrated experience.
- Bachelor’s degree Management, Accounting. Economics Finance, Marketing or related fields with eight (8) years of demonstrated experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English through ethiojobs.net or via our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates are required at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!