|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
|Category|| Economics |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
External Vacancy Announcement
Africa Insurance Company (S.C) is a privately owned professional Insurance Company which provides reliable and quality general and long term insurance products and services in the best interests of existing and potential customers at a competitive price. The Company was established in 1994, in accordance with the Provisions for the Licensing and Supervision of Insurance Business, Proclamation No. 86/1994 and the Commercial Code of Ethiopia.
Africa Insurance Company (S.C.) would like to invite competent and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the overall Marketing and Business Development activities of the Company.
- Advises the top management on all matters related to marketing and business development aspects of all classes of insurance business.
- Formulates short-term, medium term and strategic business plans of the Company.
- Envisages and assesses investment opportunities in different sectors and recommends same for approval.
- Sets standards and yardsticks to monitor and evaluate investment returns as well as to determine investment directions.
- Plans, directs and supervises the implementation of approved budgets, sales programs, public relations, civic affairs and sales promotion activities.
- Assesses company’s business operation and recommends changes in the current insurance business environment.
- Directs and promotes all sales and technical support service activities for the benefit of the Company.
- Develops and prepares analytical reports on local market situations and future trends.
- Conduct research activities to evaluate the existing level of sales and propose potential areas for future marketing action.
- Supervises and follows through the daily activities in acquiring new business and retaining existing clients of the Company.
- Works alertly in obtaining market information regarding the insurance industry, premium rates, strategies and convey same to users in the Company after scanning.
- Incites market researches in line of the Company’s strategic plan with the view to opening-up or down grading branches and introducing new products.
- Ensures that Company advertisement and public relations activities are carried up to the expected standard of the Company
- MBA/BA Degree in Management/Marketing
- 14/16 Years Relevant Work Experience of Which at least 6 Years in Managerial Positions, preferably in Insurance Sector.
Note: Use "Manager, Marketing & Business Development Department" as the subject line of your email!